• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show us your Keepers.......

121 posts in this topic

A long time ago I told Ed Jaster I collected High Grade Fawcetts. He laughed and said "You collect Cash! Everythings eventually for sale!" He may be right. I sold all of them a while back.

What book can you post that you will never sell. The ultimate "Keeper"...That is, your family will sell it only when you're long buried?

476480-Action%2068.jpg

cloud9.gif

589a8c718c221_476480-Action68.jpg.dfe8067cea49cd77e25a4442bf07cac1.jpg

Wow! Which issue is this from? I don't follow original art at all, but I can't ever recall seeing Barks original comic art for sale, just his paintings. Does any eer come on the market at all, and what kind of prices do they go for?!

tth2:

> Wow! Which issue is this from?

It's from an unpublished 1945 Christmas story. It was censored and returned

to Barks by the editors because it was deemed "sacreligious" and "too violent",

which is the only reason the artwork survived. The page shows Barks' futile

attempt to change the song lyrics in blue pencil in order to get paid for the story.

There is an excellent book by Matti Eeronen on surviving Carl Barks comic book

art.

jaw dropping 1st uncle scrooge! And then the art to that christmas story 893whatthe.gif

i am in too much shock to post right now

I must not get it.

First appearance of Uncle Scrooge? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'm more impressed with that infomercial where they cover up people's bald spot with a can of spray paint. crazy.gif

My entire Uncanny X-Men collection....#95 to present (including the G.S. #1!) thumbsup2.gif

Of course there are to many to scan and show here.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

A long time ago I told Ed Jaster I collected High Grade Fawcetts. He laughed and said "You collect Cash! Everythings eventually for sale!" He may be right. I sold all of them a while back.

What book can you post that you will never sell. The ultimate "Keeper"...That is, your family will sell it only when you're long buried?

476480-Action%2068.jpg

cloud9.gif

Is that the Mile High copy???

Very Nice.

I can't say I have any books that I would consider keepers, but since I am not planning on letting go of any of them for a long time..........all of them. thumbsup2.gif

476480-Action%2068.jpg

cloud9.gif

Is that the Mile High copy???

Very Nice.

I can't say I have any books that I would consider keepers, but since I am not planning on letting go of any of them for a long time..........all of them. thumbsup2.gif

Most definitely the Mile High copy since it has the classic MH coding. I always found the coding rather neat since it helps to indicate the demand for a particular title. The coding here indicates the book came out on November 17 with the shop receiving 8 copies of this particular issue.

What book can you post that you will never sell.

For me to answer I would have to change it to "What ISSUE" will you never sell. And that is this. Eventually, if I am foavored with a long life, I will up the grade to maybe a VG+ or Fine - but would not sell this one until then:

start11sk.jpg

What book can you post that you will never sell.

For me to answer I would have to change it to "What ISSUE" will you never sell. And that is this. Eventually, if I am foavored with a long life, I will up the grade to maybe a VG+ or Fine - but would not sell this one until then:

start11sk.jpg

Pov...thats the scariest darn spider Ive ever seen! 893whatthe.gif

Pov...thats the scariest darn spider Ive ever seen!

I like spider covers in my precode but do agree - it IS a scary spider! Cole used the same spider in the 40's, as I recall but danged if I can remember what book - Shield? Shiver? Hk? Anyone? ::mimicing Orson Welles in War Of The Worlds radio broadcast:: is anyone out there? Anyone? Any....one?

::mimicing Orson Welles in War Of The Worlds radio broadcast:: is anyone out there? Anyone? Any....one?

I wasnt around...but I heard that little stunt went over REAL big back then! 893naughty-thumb.gif