• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need help trying to find Fantastic 3....anyone??

85 posts in this topic

By the way, I've unslabbed all of these books. I like to peruse my treasures from time to time. I read the SCIENCE for the first time a few nights ago, and the book was awesome. Some phenomenal artwork from Eisner and Fine are within these pages.

Doiby,Wonderworld # 7 is Golden Age at it's best!! I also have a Fantastic Comics # 6 ,underated Simon cover. I've always liked that cover!! 893applaud-thumb.gif Science Comics # 2 ,i think is way better then # 1IMO!! That is definately been on my want list!! Congrats !!! on a great book!! Lou fine at his best!! headbang.gifyay.gifcloud9.gif

Congrats !!! on a great book!!

Thanks! smile.gif

I think that Eisner collaborated with Simon on the FANTASTIC #6 which is why it has that Lou Fine feel to it. I love all of the Fox books until around mid '41 when the covers started losing their coolness. Whether it was Lou Fine, Will Eisner, Joe Simon or George Tuska, those early Fox covers ruled!

Hit# 3,that is Killer ,definately on my want list also. I love the detail on it ,underated,but I still love # 5 the most ,just my opinion!! # 3, # 5, # 7 , & let's not forget Hit comics # 17 ,that cover is Awesome. I think Reed Crandell had a hand in it also!!

Hey everyone, I'm a newbie on this board, and I've been looking high and low for a few years now to try and find a copy of fantastic comics 3, the one with the Lou Fine robot cover. So far, no luck. Can anybody help out, or is this one of those books I'm just going to have to sit back and wait 10 years for? 27_laughing.gif

Thanks in advance

This is a personal favorite of Steve Fishler of Metropolis Comics....never can tell if he has one available....but it won't be inexpensive

....and just so the Board may be interested....I have the Church copy....and yup it is a beauty....jon

I would agree that while Fantastic #3 is a classic cover, it is one of many by Lou Fine, and doesn't surpass say Wonderworld #7 in my opinion. In addition to it's scarcity due to hoarding, it might also be more desirable because of the Robot theme. I assume there are still Robot cover collectors out there based on the value of Startling #49.

I don't understand Steve Fischler's continued hoarding of this title - it's FMV seems pretty close to maxed out, and while it wouldn't make financial sense to unload all his extra copies at once, it seems the continued hoarding of this scarce commodity can only result in ill-will among collectors of early Fox books.

Lots and lots of collectors like to own multiple copies of their favorite books. Nothing wrong with that. Of course, if his sole purpose is to hoard for the sake of cornering the market, that's not quite the same thing. Has he ever given his reasons?

I just wanted to chime in and say how much I am enjoying this thread. I had never heard of Lou Fine, but the covers to Hit 7 and Fantastic 3 completely blew me away. Since I am finishing school I can't afford GA yet, but you have ensured that many a future paycheck will be happily spent on some of these. Time to go look at my Photo-Journals.....

Hey everyone, I'm a newbie on this board, and I've been looking high and low for a few years now to try and find a copy of fantastic comics 3, the one with the Lou Fine robot cover. So far, no luck. Can anybody help out, or is this one of those books I'm just going to have to sit back and wait 10 years for? 27_laughing.gif

Thanks in advance

This is a personal favorite of Steve Fishler of Metropolis Comics....never can tell if he has one available....but it won't be inexpensive

....and just so the Board may be interested....I have the Church copy....and yup it is a beauty....jon

Jon, didn't you also have a copy that's nicer than the Mile High?

Lots and lots of collectors like to own multiple copies of their favorite books.

Now that is a sign of mental illness. wink.gif

Only when it reaches Calmerica proportions (he IS the guy who has a couple hundred Iron Man/Sub-Mariner 1's right?)! insane.gif

One (or two) to read, one or two just for lookin' because they're too nice to read, and one or two for tradin'. So you see, if you REALLY liked collecting comics you'd have 3-6 copies of every issue in your collection! insane.gif