• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Overstreet Price Guide #1 For Sale!!

43 posts in this topic

Today I am offering an outstanding copy of the first Overstreet Price Guide.

The book is the nicest copy I've seen, virtually flawless with very minor, light upper right corner bend that is more noticeable on the inside front cover, a smaller stress only seen inside front cover, and a spot of discoloration on bottom staple that should clean off easily. I can't stress how minor these defects are, he books looks fantastic like a NM but I feel even the smallest details need to be pointed out.

Price is $1400 shipped.

pg1.JPG

pg2.JPG

pg3.JPG

Now for legal mumbo jumbo.

I accept first unconditional :takeit: via post or PM, timestamp wins. Payment due within 7 days unless arranged before "I'll Take It". I accept Paypal, checks, MOs(sorry no International money orders). Please do not edit "I'll Take It" posts.

How can you tell it's not the reprint

I honestly haven't seen either...

Cool item to have!

It's kind of a pale picture, but I'm sure that that is the white 1st edition. The 2nd edition/reprint has a light blue cover.

Very nice copy, I have them all and that one is likely better than mine.

:applause:

Cool item to have!

It's kind of a pale picture, but I'm sure that that is the white 1st edition. The 2nd edition/reprint has a light blue cover.

But wasn't there a later reprint in the 1990's White?

I'm not questioning if this is a real first print, just asking what the differences are for someone that hasn't seen/held any of them.

Cool item to have!

I'm not questioning if this is a real first print, just asking what the differences are for someone that hasn't seen/held any of them.

I'm betting there would be another thread and/or forum, as opposed to this selling thread, where this conversation would be more appropriate.

Cool item to have!

The easiest way to tell is that the cover on the reprint is printed on thinner stock paper and is smooth. The heavy stock paper on the original is slightly textured. This copy is definitely an original. You can make out the texturing in the scan.

Cool item to have!

The easiest way to tell is that the cover on the reprint is printed on thinner stock paper and is smooth. The heavy stock paper on the original is slightly textured. This copy is definitely an original. You can make out the texturing in the scan.

Thanks, that what I didn't know. Cool 1st print original. Can't be too many around and in such nice shape.

Sorry, been away from the comp.

The cover stock is textured, not the smooth stock. And yes, it's also the white not blue version. Isn't the later reprint much thinner as well?

The cover stock is textured, not the smooth stock. And yes, it's also the white not blue version. Isn't the later reprint much thinner as well?

Way thinner doh!

Just didn't know...thanks Andrew......

How do you guys find this cool stuff?