• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Overstreet Price Guide #1 For Sale!!

43 posts in this topic

Hey Andy you think you could look up Spawn 1 in that so i can see the price diffrence from then to now :baiting:

The OPG #1 came out in 1971, when did Spawn begin?

The later reprint in white also had a band printed across the cover stating that it was a reprint.

This is the real deal, Andre should go for it. :baiting:

I can't afford another one, I traded for mine about 20 years ago with a bunch of comics(Conan 1-75 three bound books, ASM 3(FVF) and 14(GVG) plus a few others). They did not make enough for all the collectors.

How can you tell it's not the reprint

I honestly haven't seen either...

Cool item to have!

To summarize: There were essentially three printings.

1) Back in 1970, there was the first print, white cover.

2) Then some time shortly after (1970 or 1971) was the second print, with a blue cover.

3) Then in the mid-1990's, there was the reprint with the white cover, that was included free when you bought a bagged copy of Overstreet's Fan magazine IIRC.

For comparison, here is a side-by-side photo of the 90's reprint and my original 1970 edition in *ahem* slightly less than VF. Once you've seen the reprint, it's clear that there is no mistaking the original (244 pages) for the 90's reprint (only 32 pages with a banner across the cover stating that it's a reprint).

Overstreet_Price_Guide_1.JPG

That near-perfect copy offered by GACollectibles is a STUNNER! And I'm stunned somebody hasn't snatched it up already.

Cool item to have!

2) Then some time shortly after (1970 or 1971) was the second print, with a blue cover.

3) Then in the mid-1990's, there was the reprint with the white cover, that was included free when you bought a bagged copy of Overstreet's Fan magazine IIRC.

For comparison, here is a side-by-side photo of the 90's reprint and my original 1970 edition in *ahem* slightly less than VF. Once you've seen the reprint, it's clear that there is no mistaking the original (244 pages) for the 90's reprint (only 32 pages with a banner across the cover stating that it's a reprint).

That near-perfect copy offered by GACollectibles is a STUNNER! And I'm stunned somebody hasn't snatched it up already.

Don't be stunned........ :takeit::whee: as per pm

Cool item to have!

Don't be stunned........ :takeit::whee: as per pm

(thumbs u Thanks and congrats!

Cool item to have!

It's kind of a pale picture, but I'm sure that that is the white 1st edition. The 2nd edition/reprint has a light blue cover.

Very nice copy, I have them all and that one is likely better than mine.

:applause:

But wasn't there a later reprint in the 1990's White?

I'm not questioning if this is a real first print, just asking what the differences are for someone that hasn't seen/held any of them.

The easiest way to tell is that the cover on the reprint is printed on thinner stock paper and is smooth. The heavy stock paper on the original is slightly textured. This copy is definitely an original. You can make out the texturing in the scan.

:gossip:

The easiest way to tell is the 1990 reprint has a huge banner across the front that reads, "Special Collector's Reproduction Of Overstreet's Comic Book Price Guide #1". I think that's a dead giveway that it might be a reprint. hm

Before this thread closes down, what are the values of Action Comics #1?

That's the 3rd picture!

$300 was top value of Action #1