• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Since the cat's out of the bag - Secret Secret Wars Idea (for Castrillo)

19 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I had an idea that I've always thought would be really cool, but (for the most part) I kept the idea under wraps. I didn't want anyone else stealing the idea from under me, as paranoid as that probably sounds.

I commissioned Anthony Castrillo to do it and he just posted the rough sketch that he started on. He posted it his thread.

It's a DC version of the Secret Wars 1 cover. Anthony asked me to provide him with references for each character.

So I then sat down and tried my best to figure out which DC characters would replace which Marvel characters. That alone was a daunting task, and then last I needed to scour the net to give him pictures of which version of those characters to use.

I would like for my idea to stay a one-of-a-kind, but art should be shared so here it is so far.

First, the cover as a reference point:

zeck-mike-secret-wars-1-cover-captain-america.jpg

Now, the results of my painstaking task. It will be interesting to see if some of you would have had different ideas.

Captain America - Flash

3376479158_a302c12347.jpg

Wasp - Bumblebee

175px-Bumblebeenewoutfit.jpg

Cyclopse - Superman (heat vision)

Superman_Heat_Vision.jpg

Rogue - Catwoman

1796843-hersisterskeeper_large.png

Wolverine - Aquaman

aquaman.jpg

Hawkey - Green Arrow

greenarrow.jpg

Storm - Supergirl

batsup_13.jpg

Thing - Swamp Thing

SwampThing.jpg

She-Hulk - Wonder Woman

329500.jpg

Night Crawler - Blue Devil

250px-Shadowpact_Devil.jpg

Photon (Monica Rambeau) - Powergirl

power-girl-27-cover.jpg

Colossus - Cyborg

250px-TalesoftheNewTeenTitans1cyborg.jpg

Iron Man - Shazam

36312-5515-40555-1-power-of-shazam--th_large.jpg

Hulk - Batman

jim-lee-batman.jpg

Spider-man - Robin (swinging from rope)

Batman424.jpg

Human Torch - Green Lantern (green trail)

cbgglcoverpainting.gif

I am sure that image has been copied dozens of times. I have seen one with all image characters. These classic images are popular for a reason and will be copied over and over again. Nothing wrong with it as long as the owner like it.

I am sure that image has been copied dozens of times. I have seen one with all image characters. These classic images are popular for a reason and will be copied over and over again. Nothing wrong with it as long as the owner like it.

I remember seeing SW 1 on the shelf as a kid. Few covers have ever grabbed me like this one did. :cloud9: