• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wolverine 35???? Tough to find in high grade?
1 1

723 posts in this topic

I still have no interest in owning this issue, but I've sure as hell been looking for it. Not because I want to make a huge premium on it, but only because this thread has gotten me interested in the fact that it's so hard to find.

I have been looking for it diligently as well, although providing the greggy style bendover is my raison d'etre.

I have yet to come across a copy that is remotely close to 9.8.

I still have no interest in owning this issue, but I've sure as hell been looking for it. Not because I want to make a huge premium on it, but only because this thread has gotten me interested in the fact that it's so hard to find. In my opinion, I've yet to come across anything better than a 9.2-9.4. I even checked the last LCS in my area. They didn't even have a copy of Wolverine #35...

Same here...it is like a fun scavenger hunt :banana:

I still have no interest in owning this issue, but I've sure as hell been looking for it. Not because I want to make a huge premium on it, but only because this thread has gotten me interested in the fact that it's so hard to find.

I have been looking for it diligently as well, although providing the greggy style bendover is my raison d'etre.

(tsk)

The entire print run was like this. It's also not the only book printed this way. There may be a small handful that don't have these tears, but it's not likely.

(thumbs u

I just heard from Watson that my Wolverine 35 newsstand got a 9.6.
Is that the one Watson sent me this text on? "Oh . Just dropped WBC's book. I dusted it off and subbed it anyway. He'll never know."

Is that the one Watson sent me this text on? "Oh . Just dropped WBC's book. I dusted it off and subbed it anyway. He'll never know."

Yes, that's the one. Although the real reason it didn't get a 9.8 is "Pickle juice fingerprints on front and back cover." If you watched Flee's con report you'll understand.

Yes, that's the one. Although the real reason it didn't get a 9.8 is "Pickle juice fingerprints on front and back cover." If you watched Flee's con report you'll understand.

I never even took your books out the box they were mailed in.

Grader's notes aren't necessary.

At 9.6 it was graded very liberally.

Considering the pickle juice stains.

How'd they get there ??

Oh, and looked at a 10 box collection last night. Musta been

a Buddy Saunders by the box or maybe a fittycent sale, all

the bagged and boarded had three color or magic marker

stripes across the top of each. All the W35 had the usual

lower spine problems. I made a rediculously lowball offer and

got a himnhaw reply. Went and ate at a nice Italian restaurant

around the corner from Bedrock's Westheimer store last night.

Great Chicken Mozzarella and Italian Margaritas....