• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wolverine 35???? Tough to find in high grade?
1 1

723 posts in this topic

Probably 9.2-9.4 depending on the rest of the book. Those tears are both about as big as the those tears get.

I also see an additional spine tic. What about the back cover? Another drawback to this book is the dark back cover.

I didn't see any color breaks on the BC of my books.

That's good. If you have even one break on the BC I don't see a chance at 9.8 even if the printing defects are minimal. On a side note, while I am a fan of SS

Books I see most collectors of the Wolverine series as blue label fans. I hope having them signed does not hurt the desirability of the books.

Well,if they come back a 9.6 I was going to sell them.

I'd probably buy one of your 9.6's Sarah (thumbs u (from a desirability perspective)

Someone finally found one????

Holy @$(#%@&%!

:)

CONGRATS!

Someone is going to end up spending stupid money for that book.

Book has sold. I will let the new owner decide if he want to post a scan.

It was a cash/ trade deal that included mowing my lawn through calendar year 2013.

Worldsbestcomics mows lawns?

hm

Book has sold. I will let the new owner decide if he want to post a scan.

It was a cash/ trade deal that included mowing my lawn through calendar year 2013.

Worldsbestcomics mows lawns?

hm

Be willing to do more than the next guy. That's one of my mottos (thumbs u

Probably 9.2-9.4 depending on the rest of the book. Those tears are both about as big as the those tears get.

I also see an additional spine tic. What about the back cover? Another drawback to this book is the dark back cover.

I didn't see any color breaks on the BC of my books.

That's good. If you have even one break on the BC I don't see a chance at 9.8 even if the printing defects are minimal. On a side note, while I am a fan of SS

Books I see most collectors of the Wolverine series as blue label fans. I hope having them signed does not hurt the desirability of the books.

Well,if they come back a 9.6 I was going to sell them.

I'd probably buy one of your 9.6's Sarah (thumbs u (from a desirability perspective)

:grin:

Had to look at mine and yep, its on mine too. :(

Well except mine are 2 spine ticks. They are not tears.

It is very hard to distinguish between these bindery tears and spine ticks or stress marks. If they are in the UPC box area, they are almost certainly bindery tears. To confirm this, you have to open the book and carefully look at them from the inside of the front cover. You will be able to see that they actually go through the paper.

It is very hard to distinguish between these bindery tears and spine ticks or stress marks. If they are in the UPC box area, they are almost certainly bindery tears. To confirm this, you have to open the book and carefully look at them from the inside of the front cover. You will be able to see that they actually go through the paper.

I did open the book to be sure. Inside cover was fine. Its just the 2 lines on the outside. I looked on the outside at first until I read another post saying the same thing as you, so I opened it up and it was not a tear through

I can take pictures if you want. Scan on the outside front cover and take a pic with my digi cam up close of the inside front cover.

Edited by bruce21wayne21

I did open the book to be sure. Inside cover was fine. Its just the 2 lines on the outside. I looked on the outside at first until I read another post saying the same thing as you, so I opened it up and it was not a tear through

I can take pictures if you want. Scan on the outside front cover and take a pic with my digi cam up close of the inside front cover.

There is no need to send pictures. All the ones I've seen that looked like spine stress in the UPC box were tears. Maybe yours is different.

the one i posted are not tares. just print errors. so even if the rest of the book is mint would it still only get 9.6 at best?

Even if the rest of the book is mint, it would get a 9.6 at best.

Disagree. If it is the nicest copy with the smallest impact of the printing defect, especially if it is the only copy thus far where the paper is not broken, it should get a 9.8.

I'm not expressing an opinion on this copy, but are you saying that, if it's the nicest copy, it's a 9.8? That's the impression you're giving, but I'm sure that's not what you're intending.

Disagree. If it is the nicest copy with the smallest impact of the printing defect, especially if it is the only copy thus far where the paper is not broken, it should get a 9.8.

I'm not expressing an opinion on this copy, but are you saying that, if it's the nicest copy, it's a 9.8? That's the impression you're giving, but I'm sure that's not what you're intending.

That is exactly what I am saying. I am assuming that the defect is considered a printing defect. It can't be completely ignored as some printing defects are, because it is atrocious. In the event that there are copies where the printing defect does not actually damage the paper (as most of the examples are tears) they are the 9.8s. It is consistent with the way they treat other printing defects.

I don't like seeing those mutated abortion miswraps, or King Kong nutsack creases in 9.8 slabs, but everyone says "Oh its a printing defect." Why should this be different?