• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Same book, different set, different points...?

20 posts in this topic

Just got a few of my new Wrightson sig series Swamp Things in the registry and noticed that the point values on some of the same books vary in different sets. There are two Swamp Thing sets I have in the registry: Swamp Thing #1-#24 (1972) and Swamp Thing #1-#10 (1972)

Swamp Thing #1-#24 (1972)

Swamp Thing 1 9.4 = 1073

Swamp Thing 4 9.6 = 440

Swamp Thing 7 9.6 = 495

Swamp Thing 9 9.6 = 385

Swamp Thing 10 9.0 = 77

Swamp Thing #1-#10 (1972)

Swamp Thing 1 9.4 = 594

Swamp Thing 4 9.6 = 242

Swamp Thing 7 9.6 = 275

Swamp Thing 9 9.6 = 198

Swamp Thing 10 9.0 = 39

Why the huge difference in the point values?!? (shrug)

Not sure I follow that... hm

The same book can be scored differently in different sets. Don't ask why. It's CGC magic. However, when it comes to your total Registry points, only the book in the set with highest point value is included in that total. Again, don't ask. CGC magic.

The same book can be scored differently in different sets. Don't ask why. It's CGC magic. However, when it comes to your total Registry points, only the book in the set with highest point value is included in that total. Again, don't ask. CGC magic.

CGC magic........riiiiight :eyeroll:

Gotcha....total Registry points...

Still doesn't make a lick of sense though. Same books should = same points regardless of set... (shrug)

Still doesn't make a lick of sense though. Same books should = same points regardless of set... (shrug)

:gossip: CGC magic.

:gossip: CGC magic.

(thumbs u

thmagique.gif

It's a mistake :gossip:

Shoot Gemma a PM and I'm sure she'll get it fixed - if the points for a book are adjusted in one specific set, it doesn't automatically mean that a slot for the same book in a different set now suddenly has the new points value as well; it needs to be adjusted in every set the book is in ...

It's a mistake :gossip:

Shoot Gemma a PM and I'm sure she'll get it fixed - if the points for a book are adjusted in one specific set, it doesn't automatically mean that a slot for the same book in a different set now suddenly has the new points value as well; it needs to be adjusted in every set the book is in ...

From here.

Each member's Total Registry Points are calculated based on all the comics that they have registered and included in sets on the site. This statistic gives a feel for not only the depth of collections (such as those focused on achieving the top of the set rankings for their chosen field) but also provides a place for those with collecting breadth. A collector who has many fine comics across many sets but does not focus on any single set may achieve a very nice Total Registry Point Rank.

The total points are calculated as follows:

1.Only comics that are currently registered in a set are included.

2. If the same comic is entered in more than one set, its points are only counted once.

3. If a comic is scored differently in various set definitions, it receives the higher score.

• Administrator

This should be fixed now. At one point we were planning on having different scores in different sets, but we are moving to having one score for each comic regardless of the set...hopefully this will be updated by the end of the year :wishluck:

This should be fixed now. At one point we were planning on having different scores in different sets, but we are moving to having one score for each comic regardless of the set...hopefully this will be updated by the end of the year :wishluck:

Now that is CGC magic :) Gemma the Great :applause:

Now that is CGC magic :) Gemma the Great :applause:

(thumbs u

Thanks Gemma!