• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ouch - Latest CGC Submission = FAIL....

130 posts in this topic

It happens. I've had 2 books go from 9.4 to 9.8 on straight ss resub. And one 9.2 to 9.6.

Reading this thread is fascinating. Is it a reality vs. theory debate? Actual clients vs. true believers?

It's an interesting debate, but it seems like the CGC printed label is the hard reality at the end of all discussions.

Get it, or go again. That the final difference between CGC top grade levels is the CGC label itself.

With RMA, anything is possible.

hm

Why do you say that?

Could be fact.

Could be fiction.

Could have been a CPR to make you look good.

Could have been a straight re-sub. CGC has done this many times. This book could have been part of a 100 book 9.8 pre-screen. If the first book in the submission is closer to 10 compared to 9.8 the rest of the lot will get graded based on that touchstone. That could have been the case here.

I have had 9.0's get 9.6 on a straight resub.

Then again, I have pressed 8.5's into 9.4's.

Anything is possible.

:eyeroll:

It's not a "crack, press, resub."

It's just a crack and resub.

It WAS part of a 9.8 pre-screen, as I said when I first presented it.

That's still the point.

Anything IS possible.

After all, Joeypost could be a 105 year old gay midget Mexican pimp who has sex with donkeys when he vacations in Afghanistan.

What? It's POSSIBLE.

Likely...?

Yeah, let's just say "RMA values his integrity wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much to make up wildly_fanciful_statement like this."

Especially when you consider that there's really nothing to be gained from such a story by me personally. PRESSING the damn book would have totally invalidated the entire point in the first place.

Why in hell would you say something like "With RMA, anything is possible"...? Have I given anyone here the impression...AT ALL...that my word is questionable...?

It happens. I've had 2 books go from 9.4 to 9.8 on straight ss resub. And one 9.2 to 9.6.

Reading this thread is fascinating. Is it a reality vs. theory debate? Actual clients vs. true believers?

It's an interesting debate, but it seems like the CGC printed label is the hard reality at the end of all discussions.

Get it, or go again. That the final difference between CGC top grade levels is the CGC label itself.

This.

could be a 105 year old gay midget Mexican pimp who has sex with donkeys when he vacations in Afghanistan.

What? It's POSSIBLE.

WRONG.....there is no Gay Mexicans

I stand corrected on my over-the-top dramatization.

:whee:

:headbang:

hm

Why do you say that?

Could be fact.

Could be fiction.

Could have been a straight re-sub. CGC has done this many times. This book could have been part of a 100 book 9.8 pre-screen. If the first book in the submission is closer to 10 compared to 9.8 the rest of the lot will get graded based on that touchstone. That could have been the case here.

Anything is possible.

That's still the point.

Anything IS possible.

After all, Joeypost could be a 105 year old gay midget Mexican pimp who has sex with donkeys when he vacations in Afghanistan.

What? It's POSSIBLE.

Likely...?

Yeah, let's just say "RMA values his integrity wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much to make up wildly_fanciful_statement like this."

Especially when you consider that there's really nothing to be gained from such a story by me personally. PRESSING the damn book would have totally invalidated the entire point in the first place.

Why in hell would you say something like "With RMA, anything is possible"...? Have I given anyone here the impression...AT ALL...that my word is questionable...?

I need to rescind the statement "With RMA anything is possible". I am going to add a disclaimer for short, brief replies.

hm

Why do you say that?

Could be fact.

Could be fiction.

Anything is possible.

That's still the point.

Anything IS possible.

What? It's POSSIBLE.

Likely...?

I need to rescind the statement "With RMA anything is possible". I am going to add a disclaimer for short, brief replies.

:roflmao: