• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ouch - Latest CGC Submission = FAIL....

130 posts in this topic

I don't think it's moderns only right now. What I'm hearing is that the pendulum has swung to the ultraconservative grading side again on all tiers.

That's what crybabies that can't grade always say.

You can expect to hear from my designated crybaby soon. I haven't personally experienced this crackdown. But I will be soon I'm sure as I just submitted some books.

I don't think it's moderns only right now. What I'm hearing is that the pendulum has swung to the ultraconservative grading side again on all tiers.

You can expect to hear from my designated crybaby soon. I haven't personally experienced this crackdown. But I will be soon I'm sure as I just submitted some books.

I just got a submission back and I didn't notice anything different. There's always going to be books that you feel should be a bit higher and always books that grade higher than you think they should. 2c

Usually I would agree with you, but its pretty fair but somethings going on when the guy doing the grading contests at all the conventions is the one uniformly off by at least one step!

Tell Nelson to quit drinking his breakfast and he won't be seeing two copies of every book and screwing up. I'm still sticking with crybabyism. (Until, I get some grades that I don't like, then I will be right there with you!)

:signfunny: yeah its probably crybabism... I guess on second look my grades werent too terribly bad, just no 'gifts' anymore, that you come to expect!

The CGC market was so successful because of tight grading. Buyers were very happy and didn't mind paying more than guide. Prices went up. Tight grading is good. Watch the Seinfeld "Soup Nazi" episode for further clarification :baiting: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

The CGC market was so successful because of tight grading. Buyers were very happy and didn't mind paying more than guide. Prices went up. Tight grading is good. Watch the Seinfeld "Soup Nazi" episode for further clarification :baiting: GOD BLESS...

I agree. Right or wrong, the most conservative graders always maintain status as being "top tier."

PS: Tell Jesus I said hello.

I agree. Right or wrong, the most conservative graders always maintain status as being "top tier."

I always wondered since Jesus died and then rose from the dead a few days later is he like the first official zombie in recorded history? Somebody needs to do a Zombie Jesus book.

When it comes to moderns I am only collecting slabbed Walking Deads. Everything else is raw. I have heard the best option for getting WD books in high grades is from some crazy dude up in Canada.

(thumbs u

I always wondered since Jesus died and then rose from the dead a few days later is he like the first official zombie in recorded history? Somebody needs to do a Zombie Jesus book.

When it comes to moderns I am only collecting slabbed Walking Deads. Everything else is raw. I have heard the best option for getting WD books in high grades is from some crazy dude up in Canada.

(thumbs u

I only own one Walking Dead. It was bought raw, pressed, graded, then regraded for SS. Still waiting for it to arrive.

For me whether or not to slab has more to do with the value of the comic than the era.

For those that doubt...

IMG_4029.jpg

The only thing that changed was the label. Same book. Same condition.

One subbed directly, the other pre-screened at 9.8.

Same book. Same condition.

One's a $30-$40 label, the other sold for $160.

Your opinion simply doesn't matter. My opinion simply doesn't matter.

CGC's is the only one that matters.

For those that doubt...

IMG_4029.jpg

What did it cost for the book, grading + postage both ways, pre-screen, grading + postage both ways, plus ebay/paypal fees? :shrug:

For those that doubt...

IMG_4029.jpg

What did it cost for the book, grading + postage both ways, pre-screen, grading + postage both ways, plus ebay/paypal fees? :shrug:

Book probably cost $10, as that's what I usually pay for these.

Initial grading was onsite, so $24, no postage.

Pre-screen is free if the book passes.

Grading and postage the second time was averaged to $20.

So.....$10+$24+20 = $54

Sold for $160

Minus $12.10 FVF fee, minus 50 cents listing fee, minus $4.94 Paypal fee = $142.46.

$142.46 - $54 = $88.46 profit.

Had I sold it as a 9.4 (as I STUPIDLY sold a Cerebus #21 9.6 and X-Men #117 9.6), I would have sold it for *about* $40 tops, which means I would have lost money even without the regrade.

Book probably cost $10, as that's what I usually pay for these.

Initial grading was onsite, so $24, no postage.

Pre-screen is free if the book passes.

Grading and postage the second time was averaged to $20.

So.....$10+$24+20 = $54

Sold for $160

Minus $12.10 FVF fee, minus 50 cents listing fee, minus $4.94 Paypal fee = $142.46.

$142.46 - $54 = $88.46 profit.

Had I sold it as a 9.4 (as I STUPIDLY sold a Cerebus #21 9.6 and X-Men #117 9.6), I would have sold it for *about* $40 tops, which means I would have lost money even without the regrade.

But how much back and forth time did that take?

Well, the 3 remaining books (Express Coupons) were FINALLY graded.

The grades are all higher than I anticipated so it makes up for the moderns bombs...

DD #131 CGC 9.4 WP (expected 9.2)

MS #5 CGC 8.5 OW/WP (expected 8.0)

and the last one is huuuge relief: X-MEN #1 CGC CR/OWP 1.5 (expected 1.0 with possible resto - I simply don't trust ANY raw major key...)

:headbang:

"I always wondered since Jesus died and then rose from the dead a few days later is he like the first official zombie in recorded history?"

Certainly not, since Jesus raised Lazareth from the dead. Bill Willingham's Elementals series introduced Lazareth as a villain. Having been resurrected by Christ, he finds that he cannot die. Ever. Goes mad after awhile....