• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I remember...

65 posts in this topic

I remember doing a search for "CGC" on eBay and getting 5-10 books.

I remember when you could flip through every comic listed on eBay in one to two hours.

I remember when the "Original Comic Art" section had 150-200 items, and half were miscategorized.

I remember raw "NM" Hulk 181's could be bought on eBay for $100-200.

I remember when "NM" on eBay meant Near Min...nevermind, that's not true.

I remember buying comics for pennies on the hundreds just before the online market exploded.

Man, just to roll back the clock 15 years, knowing what I know now. :cry:

I remember the late 80's when Capt America 100 was $10 in NM, and all those later TTA, TOS and ST books guided at $2 in NM. I bought all I could. :sorry:

I remember reading these boards without my eyeballs being raped by Burt Reynolds' pubes.

I also remember being in awe when I first saw an early SA CGC 9.6; it was a copy of ASM #8, circa early 2001. Having little to no experience with vintage high grade books, I couldn't believe what I was seeing at the time.

I also remember being in awe when I first saw an early SA CGC 9.6; it was a copy of ASM #8, circa early 2001. Having little to no experience with vintage high grade books, I couldn't believe what I was seeing at the time.
I remember not believing such books existed........, :cool:

I remember rotary phones, no remote controls, three hours of cartoons on Saturday, disco, calculators the size of a loaf of bread, 8-track tapes....

And many times, I think I was happier then (shrug)

+1. :preach:

You like disco hm

I remember rotary phones, no remote controls, three hours of cartoons on Saturday, disco, calculators the size of a loaf of bread, 8-track tapes....

+2 (sans disco)

+2 (sans disco)

Yeah - probably one thing I really don't miss from the 70s but I did Super Freak a bit.