• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I remember...

65 posts in this topic

I remember buying jungle action 14 and warlock 9 on the stands at a tiny mom and pop in the neighborhood.

I remember the when McDonalds came to Fairbanks Alaska and walking along the main drive past AlaskaLand to go get a burning hot cherry pie. Parents had no idea where I was.

I remember most of you people are full of mess.

I remember my first year on the boards and it was awesome seeing all

the incredible books and how great the Marketplace was after buying

mostly over graded crapola from E-bay and then you guys realized I was

full of mess. :blush::P

Hey Faye!

:hi:

I remember actually sticking wacky package stickers on everything and going to Jaws in the theatre.

I had an old footlocker when I was a kid that was completely wallpapered with Wacky Package stickers. :cry:

I remember rotary phones, no remote controls, three hours of cartoons on Saturday, disco, calculators the size of a loaf of bread, 8-track tapes....

And many times, I think I was happier then (shrug)

+1. :preach:

+2 (sans disco)

Yeah - probably one thing I really don't miss from the 70s but I did Super Freak a bit.

Hey I'll take Disco over the that passes as music today!! At least you could dance to it! Now the spandex on guys that I could do without!

(shrug) (shrug) (shrug):banana: :banana: :banana:(shrug) (shrug) (shrug)

:banana: :banana: :banana:(shrug) (shrug) (shrug):banana: :banana: :banana:

My collection of disco records is a thing to behold!

:banana: :banana: :banana:(shrug) (shrug) (shrug):banana: :banana: :banana:

Hey Faye!

:hi:

Hello there! :hi:

Did you change your user name?

yeah, I thought it made sense with my side business.

how are things going for you?

fine I hope.

Watching Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom and the Wonderful World of Disney on Sunday night as a family! The fascinating thing is that no one was uncomfortable watching the shows together as there were no innuendos or inappropriate story lines! Try doing that today!

I'm a step-dad, and I've been with my new family for about 5 years now. In that time, the only show that we all watch together (excluding a brief run with AFV) is The Walking Dead.

Times have changed.

I remember selling you some nice books. :cloud9:

I remember those beauties too and I sure wish I could get some of

those back. Especially your perfectly graded Spidey 50. :blush:

Don't be such a stranger.... :hi:

I remember when I lived in the South of town, and now people think I live in the SouthWest side.

I remember when I skated all the time on outdoor rinks and my father had to turn on the heater in his '72 chevy truck to warm up my feet between periods. I'd Cry and Cry as my feed thawed out :acclaim:

I remember when when I could find wheat pennies in my change...even though they hadn't been minted for 15-20 years.

I remember rotary phones, no remote controls, three hours of cartoons on Saturday, disco, calculators the size of a loaf of bread, 8-track tapes....

And many times, I think I was happier then (shrug)

+1. :preach:

You like disco hm

:roflmao: I knew the second I hit submit that you bastiches would jump all over that one!

I will try to salvage what little cool I possess by saying that I appreciate the Donna Summer end of disco that went on to influence the synth bands of the 80's and later electronic dance music etc etc. Did I get away with it? :wishluck:

Watching Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom and the Wonderful World of Disney on Sunday night as a family! The fascinating thing is that no one was uncomfortable watching the shows together as there were no innuendos or inappropriate story lines! Try doing that today!

I'm a step-dad, and I've been with my new family for about 5 years now. In that time, the only show that we all watch together (excluding a brief run with AFV) is The Walking Dead.

Times have changed.

We still try to watch shows together and eat a the dinner table. It is not as easy as one would think We all like the quasi - reality shows: Auction hunters, Auction Kings, Pawn Stars etc. We watch Psych and my wife makes us watch american idol and america got talent. BUT the I can not watch Degrassi or the other shows my teenagers watch. And all the other sitcoms even the new one with Tim "the tool man" Taylor is just too distasteful for me to enjoy with my family.

I remember my dad taking me to see the Empire Strikes back in 1980 (I was 7), and not knowing what the hell was going on, because I still hadn't seen Star Wars.

Then I remember my dad being the first guy to MANNUP and buy a JVC VCR for $1199 :o in 1982 The first movie we rented, Star Wars!

Jay