• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel interview about digital

31 posts in this topic

Here is a thread about the future of comic books.

Where are all the contributory CG posters?

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

They're all reading the story in a digital format, no paper involved.

A top ten retailer probably has a massive mail subscription base and/or a chain of stores... Mile high, DCBS, Westfield, mycomicshop?

Barnes and Noble? Or even the dead Borders?

Did you laugh?

Did you read my post and not understand it?

I read your post and understood enough to ask if you laughed.

You might need to read it again.

I'm going to pass & withdraw my question instead.

Bookselling

Adult Paperback Revenues Down Nearly 64%

By Jason Boog on September 9, 2011 3:45 PM

According to Association of American Publishers (AAP) net sales revenue figures for June 2011, net revenues from adult paperback sales plunged nearly 64 percent compared to the same period last year.

At the same time, eBook sales were up 161 percent–read more at eBookNewser. See the eye-popping figures in the AAP’s chart embedded above–five major print categories all recorded decreases.

Here’s more from the release: “Note that the year-to-date figures represent the halfway point for 2011. Also note that these figures represent 79 publishers reporting data in all four markets (Trade, K-12, Higher Ed and PSP);15 of them also provided data on e-Books.”

I didn't read the entire interview. However, the way I read it is if you buy the Avenging Spidey floppy you get a code to get the digital version.

What's the point of that?

If you'd read the entire interview, you'd know that they asked Marvel that very question. :baiting:

I didn't read the entire interview. However, the way I read it is if you buy the Avenging Spidey floppy you get a code to get the digital version.

If you'd read the entire interview, you'd know that they asked Marvel that very question. :baiting:

And the answer was...

And the answer was...

It's late, I'm tired and I've been drinking. knows what the answer was, I just can't remember. (shrug)

And the answer was...

It's late, I'm tired and I've been drinking. knows what the answer was, I just can't remember. (shrug)

That's grumpier than normal for Marvel.