• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel interview about digital

31 posts in this topic

I didn't read the entire interview. However, the way I read it is if you buy the Avenging Spidey floppy you get a code to get the digital version.

What's the point of that?

If you'd read the entire interview, you'd know that they asked Marvel that very question. :baiting:

And the answer was...

It's late, I'm tired and I've been drinking. knows what the answer was, I just can't remember. (shrug)

That's grumpier than normal for Marvel.

They really need a new PR guy, it's no wonder DC started beating them.

I didn't read the entire interview. However, the way I read it is if you buy the Avenging Spidey floppy you get a code to get the digital version.

What's the point of that?

If you'd read the entire interview, you'd know that they asked Marvel that very question. :baiting:

And the answer was...

I think they said they're giving you more bang for your buck. People are paying $3.99 for an issue, so you've got to give them something extra.

A digital download of the book I just bought. Great.

This helps the transition to digital for existing collectors. You get to see what all the fuss is about and you get to start your online collection for free. The completionist will then feel compelled to start collecting the digital edition and at some point will simply transition seamlessly.

It's a good idea.

Did you laugh?

Did you read my post and not understand it?

I read your post and understood enough to ask if you laughed.

You might need to read it again.

I'm going to pass & withdraw my question instead.

lol

I agree. That was a classic. My favorite Boards exchange in a month.

This helps the transition to digital for existing collectors. You get to see what all the fuss is about and you get to start your online collection for free. The completionist will then feel compelled to start collecting the digital edition and at some point will simply transition seamlessly.

It's a good idea.

do you have a comic store your frequent? i doubt it or you wouldn't write us shops off so easily. and so casually. if you do have a regular i want you to do two things. i need their name and phone number as well as yours and i want you to go in and inform the manager of what you have stated on the boards.

then i want to see a picture of his face!

you sir need to rethink your position.

How about you do two things for me?

1) go pound sand

2) figure out how to diversify your wares so that your business survives in the face of the inevitable.

(thumbs u

It's a good idea.

do you have a comic store your frequent? i doubt it or you wouldn't write us shops off so easily. and so casually. if you do have a regular i want you to do two things. i need their name and phone number as well as yours and i want you to go in and inform the manager of what you have stated on the boards.

then i want to see a picture of his face!

you sir need to rethink your position.

:eyeroll:

I quit renting at Video Depot for Netflix Streaming. Should I go beg their forgiveness too?

It's been a very long time since I have even been in a comic shop that carried a single thing I wanted. I go there for longboxes (shrug) Pretty sure the guy that sold me 25 longboxes and maybe three comics knows I get my comics elsewhere. Doubt he cares if they are digital or print