• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

9.0+ Runs

18 posts in this topic

Capt trips (schmell) and tom brulatto ( can't recall his board name) also come to mind. In fact it is a relatively easy run to put together in 9.0 and above. Could be done in an hour with funds.

Capt trips (schmell) and tom brulatto ( can't recall his board name) also come to mind. In fact it is a relatively easy run to put together in 9.0 and above. Could be done in an hour with funds.

I'd say that in the #1-5 and #11-13 range it is not readily available in 9.0+

Absolutely...I'll speak for ASM as I have stopped collecting X-Men for some time...

ASM 1-4 is pretty difficult...if Rick/G.A.tor means offering someone double or triple or more GPA to part with their copy, then anything is perhaps achievable...but we're talking I think in "normal" collecting strategems...

6 is fairly tough to come by...7-10 is comparatively available...

11 is super-difficult

12 is plentiful

Not too many 13s come up annually...

The rest are fairly available...

2c

I am trying to put an AF15/ASM1-41 run together in 9.0 or better...in a fairly normal way...my monthly budget doesn't exceed $1K and if I go for a book over $1K I usually am in a position to negotiate time payments...

I need AF15/1-4...and have issues 5-41 except for issues 11 and 13...and I am very selective in the book I will purchase...I'm not blinded by anything with a 9 in the upper left-hand corner if it doesn't meet my basic standards...

I had lofty goals to have my TOS run in 9.0 and above...until I priced a 9.0 TOS 39 and 40....no thanks.

I'm happy with some mid grades in my run as long as they are early but I don't obsess that each issue must be 9.0 or higher. I'll leave that to Capt. Tripps.

X-men isn't hard in almost any grade as long as you have the finances for it. None of the issues are rare or hard to find. 22 and 42 are tough if you are looking for UHG but 22 is the only one I know of that hasn't been available in 9.6+ in the last six months.

Yes they are.

Too many big money guys have come into the hobby and quickly assembled an ultra-HG (much higher than 9.0) run of ASM for anyone to have the illusion that putting together a run is difficult.

Yes they are.

Too many big money guys have come into the hobby and quickly assembled an ultra-HG (much higher than 9.0) run of ASM for anyone to have the illusion that putting together a run is difficult.

Conspiracy Theory #112 (:

Yes they are.

Say an x-men #11 cgc 9.2. Any URL available?

I remember when #11 was considered a real grail in NM. It's still tough in NM, relatively speaking, but definitely doesn't have the mystique it used to.

#11 was the last book I needed to finish the run in 9.4. Like you say, it's still tough. But I think #1, 2, and 4 are all a bit tougher.

As of now, meaning the last ten minutes or so;

ASM:

#1 - 9.2 ow Comiclink $99999

#2 - 9.2 ow Comiclink $11000

#3 - 9.6 ow/w Metropolis $45k

#4 - 9.6 ow/w Comiclink $81500

#5 - 9.6 ow Comiclink $30k

#7 - 9.2 ow/w Comiclink $3350

#8 - 9.0 ow/w Metropolis $1400

#10 9.4 cr/ow highgradecomics.com $5750\

As of now, meaning the last ten minutes or so;

ASM:

#1 - 9.2 ow Comiclink $99999

#2 - 9.2 ow Comiclink $11000

#3 - 9.6 ow/w Metropolis $45k

#4 - 9.6 ow/w Comiclink $81500

#5 - 9.6 ow Comiclink $30k

#7 - 9.2 ow/w Comiclink $3350

#8 - 9.0 ow/w Metropolis $1400

#10 9.4 cr/ow highgradecomics.com $5750\

And a call to Metro, Bob Storm, Josh Nathanson and other SA dealers would result in 9.2 or better copies of 6 and 9 being procured in no time flat.

Sure they are. Last year I literally put the run together (on paper) in less than an hour of searching and phone calls And all at or around fmv (no double or triple gpa etc)

Sure they are. Last year I literally put the run together (on paper) in less than an hour of searching and phone calls And all at or around fmv (no double or triple gpa etc)

I get your point...but doubt if you found an 11... :baiting: