• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

111 posts in this topic

The problem is really not posts that relate to the hobby, but ones which have nothing to do with it at all. Not everyone is helpfull enough to start their threads OT - ...

That is quite correct but will go a step further. Some folks DO start threads with OT. Some don;t. But I have to wonder if, an OT type thread/topic was made, if it would encourage more folks to post OT tpoics who, previously, tended to respect the comic topic. Just a thought.

The problem is really not posts that relate to the hobby, but ones which have nothing to do with it at all. Not everyone is helpfull enough to start their threads OT - ...

That is quite correct but will go a step further. Some folks DO start threads with OT. Some don;t. But I have to wonder if, an OT type thread/topic was made, if it would encourage more folks to post OT tpoics who, previously, tended to respect the comic topic. Just a thought.

popeye.jpg

Ok. Perfect example. I just made a post about an online comic book radio station. The thread is not related to comic book collecting but it is about the hobby. Should that have an OT next to it or because it is related to the hobby is it fine?

Stuff like that is in the grey area where having two section would cover it. CHRIS

Ok. Perfect example. I just made a post about an online comic book radio station. The thread is not related to comic book collecting but it is about the hobby. Should that have an OT next to it or because it is related to the hobby is it fine?

Stuff like that is in the grey area where having two section would cover it. CHRIS

popeye.jpg

Were I posting it I would post in Comics General, because it is related to comic books. There are a lot of the posts that are related to comics but not about comic book collecting. Something as simple as Would Hero "A" Be Able to Beat Hero "B"? is certainly not off-topic but also not collecting related. smile.gif

Put an OT forum in the Comics section.

NUFF SAID

say what?? grin.gif