• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Misfits - Anyone Watching?

50 posts in this topic

What is this show about? I might check it out online

Difficult to explain.

Similar to the X-Men, except comprised of unattractive, foul-mouthed, sexually promiscuous juvenile delinquents with less impressive powers and no real altruistic goals who inadvertently manage to kill every parole officer assigned to supervise them; yet very, very funny.

Did you guys notice the banner in the probation center said "Wertham Division"?

If it's not a direct reference it's a pretty cool coincidence.

I think that was an intentional reference.

In the previous episode, the body swap one, I also liked the John Ford Searchers homage at the end.

Misfits Getting Three New Characters

Jess (Female)

Jess is a kind of female version of Larry David – smart and articulate, She’s the person who will say the un-sayable, the person who’ll question social norms and etiquette.

Jess hates people who bs and lie to her.

Finn (Male)

Finn has a childlike naively optimistic view of life, he’s always eager to please and enthusiastic about life.

Finn talks a lot and often uses this to try and talk himself out of difficult or awkward situations. He is very funny.

Alex (Male)

Alex is the sexiest guy on the estate. He is super good looking, all the girls fancy him but for some reason he is very standoffish, he doesn’t seem interested in girls. Everyone reads this as being extremely suspicious and suspect it’s power related.

One of the best tv shows ever imo.

My only gripe is that the time travel storyine/love affair of season 2-3 was pretty rushed, wish that would have been drawn out another season

The Hitler one?

Anyone who likes the show might like the comic book they brought out. It was just the one mind you, to coincide with episode 1. It's just episode 1 in a comic book but still pretty to cool to have if you're a fan of the show. You can read it here - http://www.e4.com/misfits/comic.html

The actual comic book was just a promo with only around 100 or so printed, I think, please clarify if you know.