• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Iron Man 1 9.4, FF 35 9.2, ST 107 TTA 49 - closed moved to ebay

49 posts in this topic

New Book:

Tales to Astonish 49 See if you can tell the difference between this and a 9.4 (which pretty much all the books from this collection graded out at). Yet apparently from the graders notes there a tiny stain on the inside cover made it an 8.5. It proscreened at 9.4 by the guy who runs the grading contests at all the conventions. There is nothing on the look of this book on the outside to differentiate it from a 9.4 which gpa's at $1525.

Trust me, there is nothing on the edges of this book, no creases you can't see in the scan the coners are all razor sharp like nothing Ive seen in a marvel this old, superbright colors there are no spine stresses at all etc etc. In fact, if you get it and you dont think it is a 9.4, you can return it to me and I will pay you $50. Its the most mint book Ive seen

Bargain price for you: $666

tta4985fr.jpg

tta49mid.jpg

tta49back.jpg

They said inside cover.

yep... bummer! CI had it at 9.4, the other books from this TTA run all graded at 9.4-9.6

Matt Nelson is the one who runs grading contest from classics incorporated.

He's been really awesome, does amazing work, makes things look so beautiful but I think he might have hired someone else to do the pregrading lately? I didnt really want to mention him by name because he does such awesome work and proscreening is a really tough thing to do, but I wanted to point out how nice some of these books are. Cgc has 3 graders vs 1 proscreener so of course their will be a few books that slip through. Overall proscreening is great, gets you at least in the right first number (ie 9 ish book, 8 ish book, 7 ish book) etc. But hard to rely on it for more than that.

Anyway I'm about to list an X-Men 47 9.6 white, X-men 45 9.2 ow/w and FF 35 9.2 ow/w

Tsimanga got his books and says I should start a kudos thread... can anyone direct me to the link, what is the appropriate forum for that? Edit found it, will start a thread

New Book

FF 35 cgc 9.2 really nice! Only thing I see keeping this from 9.6 is the feintist 2 mm crease barely breaking color in the lower right corner... this is a nice 9.2! $350

Again, i'm going to be away from responding to IM's for awhile so if someone wants it just post an :takeit: thanks!

ff35fr.jpg

ff35mid.jpg

ff35bk.jpg

New Book:

Iron Man1 CGC 9.4 .... This book is just awesome - out of this world ! I almost dont even want to sell it at all. Its perfectly centered, deep colors, I can stare at it for days. $1800 :news: moved to feebay

Again, I will be out, so if you would like it, please just post an :takeit: thanks!

Im194fr.jpg

im1mid.jpg

im1bk.jpg

New book:

Iron Man 2 cgc 9.4 Absolutely perfectly centered, in that sense its a true collector's item. Buy the book not the label, someone picked this out and set this aside in 1968. Proscreened at 9.2 and was not pressed.

$350 :news: moved to feebay!

Again, I'm out for awhile so if anyone wants it please post an :takeit: thanks!

im2fr.jpg

im2mid.jpg

IM2bk.jpg

New Book

Strange Tales 107 cgc 7.0 - looks 9.0 but another interior cover stain. So, if you want a classic cover that is clean except for 9.0 type minor cover wear on the cheap, this book is for you. Hot book in all grades, gpa on last 9.0 was $1716, gpa on last 7.0 was $425, but this one looks like a 9.0, to your benefit. price $700 :news: moved to feebay

Again, I'm out for awhile, so if anyone wants it please post an :takeit: thanks!

st107fr.jpg

st107mid.jpg

st107bk.jpg

New Book

Sub-mariner 8 cgc 9.2, key, Black cover. Stunning book in hand. Hulk Thing cover. This book is like the FF 35 9.2 because it looks 9.6 but the tiniest of 2mm super feint corner crease keeps it down. Means a better price for you, a 9.6 looking book for a 9.2 price! $325

Again, I'm out travelling so if you want it, pleas post a :takeit: thanks!

sub892fr.jpg

sub892mid.jpg

sub892rear.jpg