• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Adios amigos!

264 posts in this topic

Was the crack and resub fail on the Avengers 4 you bought a few months back?

Best wishes on whichever path you take.

^^

Out of curiosity, what was the before and after?

Higher and lower.

that is funny (thumbs u

I think 9.2 was the original grade if my memory is right

And that wasn't good enough? Sheesh! doh!

I already said i was an I D I O T ! (thumbs u

What can i say, i was stupid. I and pretty much everyone that saw it thought it could get a 9.4 on a straight resub much less a press. 9.2 was plenty good enough for me BUT i was offered some upgrades on other books and some other books i wanted. I should have just bought them but like a complete M O R O N, i tried to get a bump on my 4 to pay for them since it seemed VERY low risk. Horrible, HORRIBLE decision but what can i say?

I wont name names but i gotta blame this on a certain dealer bumping his 8.5 to a 9.2 which certainly seemed VASTLY inferior to mine! :baiting:lol

If I remember correctly, your an attorney, yoga studio owner, you have a hot wife, cute kids, money to burn on expensive funny books, a good wit, tight azz, and you look great in shorts! WTF, stop being a biz itch and continue your journey.

7a071c44.jpg

^^

Higher and lower.

that is funny (thumbs u

What can i say, i was stupid. I and pretty much everyone that saw it thought it could get a 9.4 on a straight resub much less a press. 9.2 was plenty good enough for me BUT i was offered some upgrades on other books and some other books i wanted. I should have just bought them but like a complete M O R O N, i tried to get a bump on my 4 to pay for them since it seemed VERY low risk. Horrible, HORRIBLE decision but what can i say?

I wont name names but i gotta blame this on a certain dealer bumping his 8.5 to a 9.2 which certainly seemed VASTLY inferior to mine! :baiting:lol

So what did it end up?

A 9.0 or an 8.5??? Did the PQ fall as well???

hm

^^

Higher and lower.

that is funny (thumbs u

Jason, what did it go down to? 9,0?

Same PQ but a 9.0. Like I said though, that's not the reason, it's just the straw that broke the camels back. It's a bunch of things that have happened over the last couple months that just culminated with what happened in the last 24 hours.

I'll take a break and let Romo and my Cowboys break my heart for the millionth time. Then, I'll watch my Cuse go down in flames in the tourney WAY too soon and see where things stand. Hey, I'm going to Texas stadium for the Giants Cowboys game December 11th. May e if Romo and Demarco can run wild and crush the hated she-men for for mr it will reignite my passion and make me forget what's happened the last few months :wishluck:

Same PQ but a 9.0. Like I said though, that's not the reason, it's just the straw that broke the camels back. It's a bunch of things that have happened over the last couple months that just culminated with what happened in the last 24 hours.

I'll take a break and let Romo and my Cowboys break my heart for the millionth time. Then, I'll watch my Cuse go down in flames in the tourney WAY too soon and see where things stand. Hey, I'm going to Texas stadium for the Giants Cowboys game December 11th. May e if Romo and Demarco can run wild and crush the hated she-men for for mr it will reignite my passion and make me forget what's happened the last few months :wishluck:

It's my frustration with the Cowboys over the last 15 years that makes this Comic thing seem like no big deal.

It's my frustration with the Cowboys over the last 15 years that makes this Comic thing seem like no big deal.

Yeah, I felt like that about the Niners for a good long while. We're actually having a fairly decent season this year. :)

Yeah, I felt like that about the Niners for a good long while. We're actually having a fairly decent season this year. :)

shoot SF is 8-1 and the remaining schedule has the Rams twice, Arizona twice and Seattle...

they couldn't miss the 1st round Bye if they tried.

:insane:

i might be wrong but that 9.2 was pressed 3 times before without success of bumping up the grade. I think one grader gave it a 9.4 and 2 gave it a 9.2,etc...according to notes right?

i might be entire talking about a different 9.2 so blame it on old age dementia...my once photographic memory is no longer intact.

while I am near the end of my 97% liquidation of my collection, I likely will be around less when it is done. I love books just as much, but not attached to them as before and certainly a nice break from daily pizzing contest here is much needed.

I quit collecting in 2006. I still have an interest in comic books, read about them, and even pull out the occasional DC BA horror from the 3 short boxes I have left. I announced on the boards I was quitting collecting then but did not make it an exit. I said I would still be visiting and I have.

I can understand even visiting here may initially rub salt in, but don't make it an FDQ Exit. Make it a FDQ Vacation from the boards.

Even though I no longer actively collect, people here love me exactly as much as they did when I was collecting.

hm

Try being a Buffalo Bills fan. doh!

shoot SF is 8-1 and the remaining schedule has the Rams twice, Arizona twice and Seattle...

they couldn't miss the 1st round Bye if they tried.

:insane:

I was kidding about the "fairly decent" part. My mind is blown by what Harbaugh has done with the team his very first season, and one that started on a lockout. It just doesn't make any sense.

I still wouldn't call the Niners a dominant team, because their schedule is very weak. Defense and special teams have carried the team. Our offense is OK at best. If he had a perennial quarterback we'd be right up there with the Packers, strength wise.

I dont know how to explain it but all the fun of collecting is gone for me right now. I dont do this to flip or make money. I buy books because i LOVE them as much as anyone on here i can guarantee you! My love for these damn books is why i have as many enemies as friends on here. I definitely get too wound up over them and say stupid things to good people.

When it gets to a point though that it no longer fun though, its time to take a step back. Thats where i'm at now.

This makes me think of the world of cyber relations. Unless you really know people face to face........ you don't know em :popcorn:

At various times, enlightenment breaks through, and disconnecting from it all is the best thing to do. Because then you focus more on the real people in the world near at hand. I think its a God thing. When you venture back....... you will be wiser.... kinder.... ready to connect again. <3

Or an Eagles fan ...

Ouch!!!! THAT does put things in perspective!!! lol

At the very least, no matter how bad things get, I can always put my Superbowl 27 DVD and relive the day when Emmitt, Irvin and Aikman FINALLY made all my hopes and dreams come true! :cloud9:

I guessing you don't bust out the SB27 DVD too often! :baiting: