• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grade the Batman 42

21 posts in this topic

There are staple tears, but presuming that the staples are secure and the cover is attached at both, I'd say 4.0 - 4.5. It would probably grade higher if not for the tears around the staples. The book has great eye appeal for a low/midgrade copy.

That said, what is the black horizontal sliver in the LRC? See how it cuts off Catwoman's left foot? Is that a piece added? Or has the image been digitally altered to cover up a diagonal miscut? I'd definately want to know what that is before buying.

I agree completely! VG/VG+ is the range I would put it in.

The lower right hand area is a bit odd--you should definitely ask the seller about it.

Nice book/cover!

If I can get a better scan and the foot part is fine id definetly buy it!

also it'd be nice to see a scan of the back cover. My grade would change if there was any damage to that.

That said, what is the black horizontal sliver in the LRC? See how it cuts off Catwoman's left foot? Is that a piece added? Or has the image been digitally altered to cover up a diagonal miscut? I'd definately want to know what that is before buying.

I heard back from seller..

He said

HI - boy, do you have good eyes. I didn't even notice that until I just now studied that corner closely. There are no folds, but there is a very thin line across that corner. Also, there's a very thin line running across the bottom of the cover about an 1/8 of an inch from the bottom. These appear to be stress marks.

The reast of the book is in his words

Back cover (with Red Ryder) ad is nice. Pages are pretty nice, with cream to off white coloring. Complete, no significant tears. Cover and centerfold ARE attached.

VG 4.0....still not sure about that bottom right corner though... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I got a larger picture and her foot is not cut off.

The cover is complete

3.5 maybe 4.0

Nice Book

Book came back today from CGC

We have a winner

It was a 3.5 with cream to off white pages and a very minor amount of Glue on cover