• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

please grade my first golden age comic ever

21 posts in this topic

It is very very low grade. I just can't decide how low grade. I'm thinking it's in between a poor and a fair smile.gif

I'm just excited to own a Golden Age Comic finely. lol and it only cost me a penny from neatstuffstuff on ebay so I aint complaining

So here you go folks my low low low grade copy of Bugs Bunny#39 from 1954

Boggles my mind that it is fifty years old. That's 25 years older than I am. I hope in twenty-five years I don't look as bad as this comic does. Be kind.insane.gif

bugsfront.jpg

bugback.jpginsane.gif

It's difficult to tell without seeing the extent of the spine split and the quality of the paper, but I'd say Fair if the cover is still attached, Poor if the cover is detached and/or the paper quality is really bad (moldy, brittle....)

confused-smiley-013.gif

I'd say 1.0. Fair, not Poor. Poor comics look much worse than that, and are essentially uncollectible. This one still has some limited eye appeal.

BTW, you can find lots of decent low/midgrade golden age books on ebay for almost nothing. I had a few 4.0 - 6.0 Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck books I tried to sell for around $2 each and I couldn't unload them. confused-smiley-013.gif

You won't find many superhero bargains, but stuff like Dells are almost free.

BTW, you can find lots of decent low/midgrade golden age books on ebay for almost nothing. I had a few 4.0 - 6.0 Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck books I tried to sell for around $2 each and I couldn't unload them. confused-smiley-013.gif

Zip, I'm glad you didn't lump Donald Duck in with the WB characters in your assessment!

- Barks duck books sell well on eBay. They don't often reach guide unless they're quite rare or in ultra-high grade, but they certainly sell for a lot more than other Dell 'funny animal' books.

Newt, I'd give the BB in question a 1.0, although you should be aware that your copy appears to be the lone missing book from the "Larchmont Pedigree" (note the large "LRC" scrawl at right), and as such is probably worth at least $1,000. The rest of the collection was been systematically reunited by a single insane collector in Philly who played marbles with the Larchmont children back in the '40s and '50s, and is determined to own each and every one of Cholmondeley Larchmont's complete runs of Dell and DC funny animal titles.

Of course, the collector in question has stipulated a minimum grade of 1.8 in his advertisements offering 500x guide for any such remaining copies, so you might have a tough sell with this one...

Zip, I'm glad you didn't lump Donald Duck in with the WB characters in your assessment!

- Barks duck books sell well on eBay. They don't often reach guide unless they're quite rare or in ultra-high grade, but they certainly sell for a lot more than other Dell 'funny animal' books.

Newt, I'd give the BB in question a 1.0, although you should be aware that your copy appears to be the lone missing book from the "Larchmont Pedigree" (note the large "LRC" scrawl at right), and as such is probably worth at least $1,000. The rest of the collection was been systematically reunited by a single insane collector in Philly who played marbles with the Larchmont children back in the '40s and '50s, and is determined to own each and every one of Cholmondeley Larchmont's complete runs of Dell and DC funny animal titles.

Of course, the collector in question has stipulated a minimum grade of 1.8 in his advertisements offering 500x guide for any such remaining copies, so you might have a tough sell with this one...

heck I'll sell this comic for $500

lol27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

I don't get it. confused-smiley-013.gif

wait......there is no Larchmont Pedigree????? 893whatthe.gif

Bingo bongo. thumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gif27_laughing.gif

grrr taken advantage of the golden age comic virgin....just to show you guys I'm gonna start a Larchmont Pedigree collection just to spite you. All I gotta do is copy the LAR mark on a bunch of old comics. smile.gif