• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question about Avengers 25

12 posts in this topic

I just bought this one off of Roy aka "VintageComics."

Mainly I bought it because it's a nice silver age with white pages, and I saw the seller on Ebay was Roy - who I met at NYCC I thought he was cool beans. I like the Avengers but he's never been on my pull list and I've never followed them closely.

I'm wondering, though, why Avengers 25 is so much more expensive than others of the same period. GPA for 24 and 26 are only like $110 bucks or so. I don't see any first appearances or anything like that.

Either way, love the cover! (thumbs u

AVENGERS25.jpg

It shot up in price 3-4 years ago based on one sale through an auction (it might have been through Pedigree Comics, though). Before that, it was in line with most of the other surrounding issues. All the copies sold after that followed the same elevated track. It has come down a great deal recently to a level nearer the old price but still elevated. It has been said that it is the appearance of Dr. Doom on the cover that has attracted people to #25.

Also, Avengers # 24 is a warehouse find and has more high grade copies than you can shake a stick at so there's already a price gap even before the value of # 25 gets elevated.