• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT-Where is todays BB thread?

30 posts in this topic

I made my first pilgrimage to The Bronx last nite to see the Angels play the Yankees. It was a hard choice as my beloved Nets were playing for their playoff lives,but went with the Yankees.

After a rough start and 2 1/2 hours worth of rain delays,Yanks came back to tie,take the lead,give the lead back and the win in extra innings.Mariano blew his first save in the last gazillion games ,and Jeter is finally hitting his wieght.Now ,he needs to start hitting my wieght.It really was a great game,one of many the Yankees have played this season.Last two weeks,esp,with consecutive come from behind wins against Oakand,then coming back from being down 6-0 in the 2nd on Sunday and then last nites game.

So my question is-where is the tread about BBs best record? Didn't the Angels fans bother to watch last nites game? Is that sound the sound of people jumping off the bandwagon? As I've said BB is a marathon but why cant people give credit where credit is due?

Last nites game was played to a playoff atmosphere,as are about a third of Yankee games,the entire reason for going to a game in the first pace.

I made my first pilgrimage to The Bronx last nite to see the Angels play the Yankees. It was a hard choice as my beloved Nets were playing for their playoff lives,but went with the Yankees.

After a rough start and 2 1/2 hours worth of rain delays,Yanks came back to tie,take the lead,give the lead back and the win in extra innings.Mariano blew his first save in the last gazillion games ,and Jeter is finally hitting his wieght.Now ,he needs to start hitting my wieght.It really was a great game,one of many the Yankees have played this season.Last two weeks,esp,with consecutive come from behind wins against Oakand,then coming back from being down 6-0 in the 2nd on Sunday and then last nites game.

So my question is-where is the tread about BBs best record? Didn't the Angels fans bother to watch last nites game? Is that sound the sound of people jumping off the bandwagon? As I've said BB is a marathon but why cant people give credit where credit is due?

Last nites game was played to a playoff atmosphere,as are about a third of Yankee games,the entire reason for going to a game in the first pace.

was thinking the same thing. where is Discount aka uclapetrog (whatever) when the yanks come from behind on his beloved angels?? all of a sudden, it's the sound of silence we hear. but hey, as i've stated before, there is a LONG way to go before it even gets real interesting, so i'm not gonna start with the yankee haters until we all get a better idea where this is likely leading.

my nephew is taking me to the day game tomorrow. i love day-baseball anywhere, but especially in the bronx.

and Fantasy; keep your hopes up - Calgary has an abysmal playoff home record devil.gif

The Angels still have the most wins in the majors and the second best winning percentage behind the Dodgers, who have played two games less. And that's with many of their starters on the DL and their starting pitching (Washburn & Colon in particular) not performing as expected.

Geez, are Yankee fans still bitter about the Halos trouncing them in 2002? Blame David Wells instead. Or Soriano for all those strikeouts. Or better yet, get over it! smile.gif

Yes, the Yanks won last night, but all of the rain delays played havoc with the pitchers. I mean, come on, Rivera, Percival, and K-Rod all blew leads? Yesterday's game was more bizarre than "playoff atmosphere"-like. tongue.gif

Now if you wanna see fantastic games, go check out some of the come from behind wins the White Sox have pulled off this season. But that's another story.

Alan (an unabashed Angels fan since 1982 who, having lived through the 1986 and 1995 seasons took great offense at the "bandwagon jumping" statement angel.gif )

Now that Travis Lee is out for the season, how long before Carlos Beltran is in pinstripes? devil.gifdevil.gifdevil.gifdevil.gifdevil.gifdevil.gif

boo.gifboo.gifboo.gif

Hell, the way the Royals are playing, I'm pretty sure you'll be able to have him at the All-Star break.

He's so much damned fun to watch... we're going to miss him here in KC. frown.gif

(Of course, he needs a cut-off man to throw the ball from the center-mid to second base... but whatever! How 'bout that speed?!? How 'bout that stick?!?!)

I couldn't have said it better myself smile.gif

Burntboy, you sound so bitter, grow up!

The Yankees are at home. They are supposed to WIN. The Angels have 3 starters out at the moment (Erstad, Anderson and Salmon) so I would hope that you beat our triple A team playing right now.

And did you happen to notice that the Yankees have their no.1,2 and 3 starters going against our 3, 4 and 5? I would HOPE they can win.

I am not gone -- and Angels STILL have the best record in baseball! acclaim.gif

I was there in 1986 also so don't call me a fairweather fan. When did ya become a Yankees fan? 1997?

The Angels still have the most wins in the majors and the second best winning percentage behind the Dodgers, who have played two games less. And that's with many of their starters on the DL and their starting pitching (Washburn & Colon in particular) not performing as expected.

Geez, are Yankee fans still bitter about the Halos trouncing them in 2002? Blame David Wells instead. Or Soriano for all those strikeouts. Or better yet, get over it! smile.gif

Yes, the Yanks won last night, but all of the rain delays played havoc with the pitchers. I mean, come on, Rivera, Percival, and K-Rod all blew leads? Yesterday's game was more bizarre than "playoff atmosphere"-like. tongue.gif

Now if you wanna see fantastic games, go check out some of the come from behind wins the White Sox have pulled off this season. But that's another story.

Alan (an unabashed Angels fan since 1982 who, having lived through the 1986 and 1995 seasons took great offense at the "bandwagon jumping" statement angel.gif )

STANDINGS ::::::

Team W L PCT. GB

Red Sox 20 13 .606 -

Yankees 19 13 .594 0.5

Orioles 16 13 .552 2.0

Blue Jays 14 19 .424 6.0

Devil Rays 9 22 .290 10.0

I think we've been quiet because Red Sox Nation assumed all Yankees fans could read. If the season were to end today; Boston, Chicago, Anaheim and Texas would be playoff bound and the Yankees would be shopping for new skirts.

CRC

AUHdCflv.jpg

Red Sox won yesterday...im happy! grin.gif

I could care less about the Yankees. I love it when they don't win each year because they gotta play the game on the field and it's truly not all about the $$$$.

Portland and Dallas in the NBA are prime examples.

I suggested a hard salary cap because it would expose the Yankees as an average run organization that covers their mistakes with $$$.

I could care less about the Yankees. I love it when they don't win each year because they gotta play the game on the field and it's truly not all about the $$$$.

Portland and Dallas in the NBA are prime examples.

I suggested a hard salary cap because it would expose the Yankees as an average run organization that covers their mistakes with $$$.

I'm glad you agree with the other Yankee fans out there in saying that money doesn't equal a championship.

Not sure I agree with your assessment that the Yankees are just an average run organization that covers their mistakes with money. That's like saying Microsoft and Walmart are average run companies if you take away their wealth. There's a reason they have more money than anyone else and it wasn't by being stupid and 'average'.

But the Mets got started in '62, I think. We have a similiar situation and I think a comparable situation with the Clippers and the Lakers out here. Altho the Mets I think were/are bad right now because of management moves (they made the series a few years ago)

The Mets absolutely owned the city in the 80s. The Yanks went through very lean years there but eventually built up their farm system which carried them to the championships.

If you're mediocre in NYC, you're in big trouble because there isn't a city with more demanding fans and media.

Bee a Yankee fan just about all my life,except for a few years in the 70s when I jumped to the Twins. Bill(Moose) Skowron stood in as my proxy-godfather when I was baptised in Japan.He was there on a barnstorming tour and friends wth my uncle who was an Air Force chapin at the time.

Its funny listening to people in California complain about not having the advantge of large-market cities.

How many people live in a 75mile radius of the stadium?

And it must have taken decades to overcome that huge seven year tradtion la Dodgers had when the Angels kicked in,right?

BTW- I don't know anything about the WhiteSox great come from behind victorys because the papers in NY rush to press so early,half the games aren't fully covered.

PLEASE- feel free to post any great games or achievements so asto share them with us.Some of us follow the spor very closely,for fantasy league or othersome oter reasons. Would love to hear which players are hot or not,who is hurting,ect,ect.