• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What I am thankful for...

41 posts in this topic

Spent alot of time in the car today, driving from one family get together to another and back home. Had time to contemplate some of the ways that I have been blessed.

I am thankful.....

1. for the blessings God has given me, for the Bible and for Jesus.

2. to my parents and for the way I was raised.

3. for my family. My wife, little girls, parents, and grandparents.

4. for my friends, many of whom are on this board.

5. for the country and area I live in, the values and influences around me.

6. for the measures of health and prosperity that has been given to me and my family.

I know many people who are not as well off. I know people who are lonely and struggling with life. I know people who have lost their jobs (including one good friend of mine who was laid off yesterday after 26 years with the Great Escape in Nashville/Louisville). I know people who are struggling with health, including one very sweet woman who just underwent her 3rd chemo treatment for inoperable cancer. And I know people who don't know or don't care anything about God.

Take the time to think about what is really important. Life is not about stuff. Stuff never makes you happy. The accumulation of stuff is not a worthy life goal. Be happy and try to make others happy. Do good things, not for yourself, but for others. Spend time with family and friends, not with work or with a piece of technology.

Don't take what you have been blessed with for granted.

Happy Thanksgiving Day.

Dale

(thumbs u

I'm thankful that I am still able to get together with family on holidays and other occasions. However, that thankfulness is tinged with regret as I think about those family members that are no longer with us. I seem to dwell on it more and more lately.

I'm thankful that I am still able to get together with family on holidays and other occasions. However, that thankfulness is tinged with regret as I think about those family members that are no longer with us. I seem to dwell on it more and more lately.

Well said.

But I feel fortunate to still have my parents.They have been very supportive of us four kids in whatever we did.

Secondly for the boardies I have met.A better class of people you could never meet.

Happy holidays to you all (worship)

6. for the measures of health and prosperity that has been given to me and my family.

Works for me... :thumbsup:

Can I have some of your stuff?

I am thankful.....

4. for my friends

Take the time to think about what is really important. Life is not about stuff. Stuff never makes you happy. The accumulation of stuff is not a worthy life goal. Be happy and try to make others happy. Do good things, not for yourself, but for others. Spend time with family and friends, not with work or with a piece of technology.

Dale

:hi::golfclap:

Aside from the obvious I am thankful for one quiet breakfast with some close friends in Charlotte a few years ago.

Little did we know it would be the last time we would see a great friend.

That's why you need to give thanks for and cherish each moment. Even the difficult ones.

I am thankful for.....

1. bouncy breasts

2. comic books

3. the V8 engine

4. Sour Patch Kids

5. DVR

6. Families, wives, dogs, cats, hamsters and all those other sentimental people things.

Spent alot of time in the car today, driving from one family get together to another and back home. Had time to contemplate some of the ways that I have been blessed.

I am thankful.....

I know many people who are not as well off. I know people who are lonely and struggling with life. I know people who have lost their jobs (including one good friend of mine who was laid off yesterday after 26 years with the Great Escape in Nashville/Louisville). I know people who are struggling with health, including one very sweet woman who just underwent her 3rd chemo treatment for inoperable cancer. And I know people who don't know or don't care anything about God.

Happy Thanksgiving Day.

Dale

^^

Amen Dale, beautiful post...thanks

Greg

I am thankful.....

Happy Thanksgiving Day.

Dale

Haven't been around here much, and this was the first post i've read in a long time.

Thanks, Dale. Great post.

Aside from the obvious I am thankful for one quiet breakfast with some close friends in Charlotte a few years ago.

Little did we know it would be the last time we would see a great friend.

That's why you need to give thanks for and cherish each moment. Even the difficult ones.

That was a great day.