• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What I am thankful for...

41 posts in this topic

Spent alot of time in the car today, driving from one family get together to another and back home. Had time to contemplate some of the ways that I have been blessed.

I am thankful.....

1. for the blessings God has given me, for the Bible and for Jesus.

2. to my parents and for the way I was raised.

3. for my family. My wife, little girls, parents, and grandparents.

4. for my friends, many of whom are on this board.

5. for the country and area I live in, the values and influences around me.

6. for the measures of health and prosperity that has been given to me and my family.

I know many people who are not as well off. I know people who are lonely and struggling with life. I know people who have lost their jobs (including one good friend of mine who was laid off yesterday after 26 years with the Great Escape in Nashville/Louisville). I know people who are struggling with health, including one very sweet woman who just underwent her 3rd chemo treatment for inoperable cancer. And I know people who don't know or don't care anything about God.

Take the time to think about what is really important. Life is not about stuff. Stuff never makes you happy. The accumulation of stuff is not a worthy life goal. Be happy and try to make others happy. Do good things, not for yourself, but for others. Spend time with family and friends, not with work or with a piece of technology.

Don't take what you have been blessed with for granted.

Happy Thanksgiving Day.

Dale

Spent alot of time in the car today, driving from one family get together to another and back home. Had time to contemplate some of the ways that I have been blessed.

I am thankful.....

3. for my family. My wife, little girl, parents, and grandparents.

6. for the measures of health and prosperity that has been given to me and my family.

I know many people who are not as well off. I know people who are lonely and struggling with life. I know people who have lost their jobs (including one good friend of mine who was laid off yesterday after 26 years with the Great Escape in Nashville/Louisville). I know people who are struggling with health, including one very sweet woman who just underwent her 3rd chemo treatment for inoperable cancer. And I know people who don't know or don't care anything about God.

Take the time to think about what is really important. Life is not about stuff. Stuff never makes you happy. The accumulation of stuff is not a worthy life goal. Be happy and try to make others happy. Do good things, not for yourself, but for others. Spend time with family and friends, not with work or with a piece of technology.

Happy Thanksgiving Day.

Dale

:cloud9:

I am thankful to be able to interact with a few select dealers like you Dale who have unquestioned integrity and a passion for the books, instead of the "usual suspects" who sling their wares in a relentless pursuit of greed, unchecked ego, and a sociopathic manipulation of the hobby.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Best,

STEVE

I couldn't have said better Dale. I reflected a good amount today about how fortunate I am to have a great marriage, two beautiful kids, my health and a job that lets me support my family. I'm truly thankful.

I am thankful.....

Happy Thanksgiving Day.

Dale

:applause: (thumbs u

Just like you, while driving today I started counting my blessings...

Thought about how wide open Texas is and how amazing it is to gobble up 60, 70, 80 miles every hour, and how unique that travel ability is in all of human history.

How jam packed with variety grocery stores are, just for my benefit. Kings weren't blessed with that much selection and quality.

Thought about how I didn't have to grow anything, milk anything, kill anything, plow anything, or haul anything. But my god, was I stuffed. How could I be so blessed?

It's humbling and truly breathtaking, the level of family, friends, and daily blessings we enjoy.

Extremely thankful for...

- My amazing wife, wonderful kiddos, fabulous family and friends.

- My job and my home.

- My health and that I have access to decent insurance, and that my hands and nose will soon be whole again.

- These boards, the personalities populating said boards, and the boardies I have had the pleasure of meeting in person.

I am most grateful for the time I had with my mother and think about her every day, especially during holidays. My mother was the one who got me into comics and she indulged that hobby well beyond what most mothers might. Thanks, mom. :foryou:

I am thankful.....

Happy Thanksgiving Day.

Dale

:golfclap:

Hi Dale and others --

Great message. Yes, we have to be able to take a moment and reflect. Gratitude is one of the most powerful emotions, but not one we feel often enough. Like anyone, I can get caught up in the acquisition aspect of the hobby, but as Dale said stuff can't really make you happy beyond the fleeting moment. For sustained joy, you need people...the essence of life is in relationships.

I'm thankful for my family and friends, and all of you, of course! Enjoy the weekend -- may part of each day in your lives be expressed in gratitude to someone in your life.

Dan :hi: