• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Worst covers ever! What were they thinking?!?

71 posts in this topic

dmgcsr: What does that blurb of copy in the center say? (Place artwork here?)

Very bizzare cover confused-smiley-013.gif

It's some contest asking you to turn to page 11 in order to win $100...

At least that's what I think it says. confused-smiley-013.gif

Never had the pleasure of seeing that cover before. It knocks spots off the ASM 138 in terms of kitschness. Manages to be nebulous (you can't figure out what the hell is supposed to be going on) and hideous at the same time. thumbsup2.gif

I hate this cover. It gives me the heebie jeebies.

Then STOP posting it. That cover freaked me out good as a young child. 893whatthe.gif

I can't. confused-smiley-013.gif It's bigger than the both of us.

I don't care what anyone says, NOTHING compares with this one for pure putridity:

Pick your poison, but be warned, the purtidity factor on these covers is off the charts:

Link 1

Link 2

Thank god the second one is a CGC 9.8. Can you imagine how horrible it would be to have to grade that one if it had "moisture" damage? 27_laughing.gif

I don't care what anyone says, NOTHING compares with this one for pure putridity:

Pick your poison, but be warned, the purtidity factor on these covers is off the charts:

Link 1

Link 2

We have a winner. Nothing'll top those. Makes it difficult to admit to being a Crumb fan - and as for Link 1, eeeurgh.

Link 1

Link 2

Those COULD NOT have been Newstand copies!! Were they!!?? 893whatthe.gif (although I suppose if you put 'em next to Hussler, then they dont look so bad... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif)