• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT - Best Comedy?

127 posts in this topic

"Gee, Kent, and we were going to make you queen of the Winter Carnival..."

"Really??"

Stop playing with yourself, Kent!

"This? This is ice. This is what happens to water when it gets too cold. This? This is Kent. This is what happens to people when they get too sexually frustrated."

Movies that deserve mentioning that have been ignored so far:

[*]Top Secret

I had this on my list. I don't count? And have you ever seen "Drop Dead Gorgeous"? I think you would enjoy it.

[*]Top Secret

I had this on my list. I don't count? And have you ever seen "Drop Dead Gorgeous"? I think you would enjoy it.

Actually, I did see you had that after I posted... sorry.gif I should have known that someone with such impeccable taste would have listed it already! wink.gif

And I haven't seen it (Drop Dead Gorgeous) yet! I remember I WANTED to when I was toiling away in that video store, but our copy was never returned... :::shakes fist:::

[*]Top Secret

Actually, I did see you had that after I posted... sorry.gif I should have known that someone with such impeccable taste would have listed it already! wink.gif

And I haven't seen it (Drop Dead Gorgeous) yet! I remember I WANTED to when I was toiling away in that video store, but our copy was never returned... :::shakes fist:::

I think you would find it hysterical. It's a mocumentary about a beauty pageant, with trailor trash vs. rich girl, lots of midwestern jokes (it's set in Minnesota), murder, mayhem, all served up with coffee and lemon bars.

-- Joanna

speaking of John Ritter.... anyone ever seen him with Jim Belushi in "Real Men"? Very funny stuff! thumbsup2.gif

Another somwhat obscure John Ritter comedy is Blake Edwards' Skin Deep ...has anyone seen this movie?

Ritter plays an alcoholic playwright who hasn't had a hit play in awhile...plus he's a real womanizer and can't commit to the one woman he really loves...

Rent it and watch for the glow-in-the-dark condom scene.... 27_laughing.gif

Ritter truly was an amazing comedian...