• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NEW LIZARD CONCEPT FROM AMAZING SPIDER-MAN

95 posts in this topic

I'm surprised at the positive comments.

Looks very disappointing to me.

There were positive comments? Where?

Roy gave it two lizard appendages up.

Lizards are lucky that way!

NOPE. I DON'T LIKE IT.

THE LIZARD SHOULD LOOK LIKE GODZILLA IN A LAB COAT.

[sORRY FOR ALL THE CAPITAL LETTERS, BUT MY CAP LOCK BUTTON IS STUCK]

Try pressing shift while typing, it should take it back to lowercase. Itll probably be annoying as all hell but it might work.

NOPE. I DON'T LIKE IT.

THE LIZARD SHOULD LOOK LIKE GODZILLA IN A LAB COAT.

[sORRY FOR ALL THE CAPITAL LETTERS, BUT MY CAP LOCK BUTTON IS STUCK]

Try pressing shift while typing, it should take it back to lowercase. Itll probably be annoying as all hell but it might work.

That's the same technique used by lizards to manage their dual organs.

I have no idea if the photo is legit or not, but personally I think a Lizard that's true to the comic would look pretty bad on film. I think some stuff, like Doc Ock, works well staying close to the comics. A lizard in a lab coat? I'd have serious doubts about that.

I have no idea if the photo is legit or not, but personally I think a Lizard that's true to the comic would look pretty bad on film. I think some stuff, like Doc Ock, works well staying close to the comics. A lizard in a lab coat? I'd have serious doubts about that.

I agree. It's nowhere near as believable as a mad scientist with six robotic arms radiating from his torso.

I agree. It's nowhere near as believable as a mad scientist with six robotic arms radiating from his torso.

Well, I did have a high school physics who looked like Alfred Molina. He wore some cool glasses too. But he only had two arms, at least that I knew about.

Back at the Boston comicon this past April, I met artist Rod Thornton.

I'd never heard of him before, but I really liked his line work.

I'd asked him for two Spidey sketch covers, and one was SM and Lizzy.

At the end of the show, he was just finishing up and he said "I kind of gave it my own spin on the character? What do you think?"

And I thought it was pretty damn cool.

I don't know if Rod had any insight to what the conceptual artists were doing with the movie Lizard, but this looks even better now that I've seen the movie version.

asm648thornton.jpg

The lizard need more of a reptilian face, it is still too man-like. It could look more crocodillian.

This is a good look.

Spiderman_vs_the_Lizard_new_by_FritoFrito.jpg

The genitals of male reptiles (In case you want to know) are housed internally.

That only happens to me when it's really cold out :blush:

I think it is sensible your Boards name is lizards2 & not lizards1 in light of Roy's zoology lesson.

I think it is sensible your Boards name is lizards2 & not lizards1 in light of Roy's zoology lesson.

It was negative 15 degrees a few nights when I was elk hunting last year - that's when you find out how much your dink will shrink. :eek:

It was negative 15 degrees a few nights when I was elk hunting last year - that's when you find out how much your dink will shrink. :eek:

A vast majority of people online hated Captain America's uniform when they released the first pictures - but it ended up working just fine in the film. I'd imagine it'll be the same thing with The Lizard. Some over-achieving Photoshopper did a little too much to the image and it looks atrocious.