• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nick Fury, Agent of SHIELD (1983 Reprint)

20 posts in this topic

Nick Fury, Agent of SHIELD (1983 Reprint) WTH

9.8 copy of this book currently at $1,206.95 on Heritage (1 hour 40 minutes to go).

It's the only 9.8............................but WTH?

Perhaps there are 2 bidders who don't realize it's not the original?

I predict 9.8 copies of this will now come out of the woodwork.

9.8 copy of this book currently at $1,206.95 on Heritage (1 hour 40 minutes to go).

It's possible that someone thought that they were buying a Nick Fury, Agent of SHIELD #1 from 1968? Maybe they did not know what the 1968 cover looked like and did not see the 1983 in the auction title? Otherwise, there is no reason why the 1983 reprint would go for this amount.

GPA shows only two copies sold, both Signature Series and the highest being a 9.6, but that one only went for $30.00. Therefore, based on this, I could see a non-Signature Series 9.8 going for maybe $100-$200 max???

Also, according to GPA, the actual sale price of $1314.50 is about what the 1968 original was going for in 9.8 grade in 2008 and earlier. Therefore, I'll bet that whoever won this thought it was the 1968 original. Gotta be!

It's possible that someone thought that they were buying a Nick Fury, Agent of SHIELD #1 from 1968? Maybe they did not know what the 1968 cover looked like and did not see the 1983 in the auction title? Otherwise, there is no reason why the 1983 reprint would go for this amount.

GPA shows only two copies sold, both Signature Series and the highest being a 9.6, but that one only went for $30.00. Therefore, based on this, I could see a non-Signature Series 9.8 going for maybe $100-$200 max???

Also, according to GPA, the actual sale price of $1314.50 is about what the 1968 original was going for in 9.8 grade in 2008 and earlier. Therefore, I'll bet that whoever won this thought it was the 1968 original. Gotta be!

+1

Hiya Webster :hi:

So why is this book going for 1100.00?

Because someone decided they had to have it? (shrug)

I think I have two or three of those hidden somewhere,the bidding will start at half that price ladies and gentlemen. lol

Someone's not going to be happy.

(rummages around to see if he has any 9.8 potentials...)

I don't regret it at all.....I can't wait to get it!!!! :banana:

lol lol lol