• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Top 11 GA Acquisitions of 2011. Post 'em if you got 'em.

424 posts in this topic

I've bought 8 books so far in 2011. My goal is to hit 9 before the end of the year.

This is my favorite new addition. Particularly important for me since my Mickey Mouse Magazine run is substantially nicer than my Walt Disney's Comics and Stories. This fills the most difficult remaining high grade gap in my combined run.

118676.jpg.1d28870b687f93306ba0ca0e7b7ef25c.jpg

Think I found 11 books this year that are list worthy

ThrillingComics44.jpg

All great books, but this one would go great in my collection! :wishluck::grin:

I want to hold onto it for a while but I am open to selling, its a super cool book, but one day it can be yours ...if

118660.gif.6d60434f7c32e61a03aa577d3159a5a2.gif

Think I found 11 books this year that are list worthy

ThrillingComics44.jpg

All great books, but this one would go great in my collection! :wishluck::grin:

I want to hold onto it for a while but I am open to selling, its a super cool book, but one day it can be yours ...if

Ahem... :baiting:

I don't know if I have 11, but the books below really stick out for me as books I truely sought out to find, some I have been looking for for several years. I am very lucky to have found these.

04ab6eae.jpg

Thanks to Humantorch for this one. Rangers 2. Gerber 8 and I believe it.

399c3126.jpg

f6e82e06.jpg

d62d6a02.jpg

2b29cad8.jpg

4714dc28.jpg

18650fb9.jpg

30622150.jpg

Think I found 11 books this year that are list worthy, the best one is on the way soon but not in hand yet

WOW - 3 of your books are my all-time favorites (SB #1, MIS #1 & WW #1) :banana:

unfortunately I currently own only one of them (WW).

I'm truly in awe (thumbs u

Great books guys - full of admiration. Mine has been a chaotic year in which for every book I have bought, I must've sold a dozen. I find scans dont really tell me the story - I need to have the book in my hands. Now there are books in my collection that I never tire of looking at, but others I thought I'd regard as keepers that simply fell from my hands. So out of all the books I bought and sold this year, here are 11 keepers. I was actually going to start a similar thread as I had done so last year. I only mention it because I'd thought I'd ask for a top 20! Getting this down to 11 is hard.

I guess the biggest thing that happened this year was the rivet run in mid- grade or higher. Still not quite there, and sold a few to buy others, but I'm very happy with the ones I've kept, thse two perhaps most of all:

PlanetComics585.jpg

PlanetComics1080NicolasCage.jpg

In terms of new interests, I have to confess that Straw Man's epic quest to complete the Fawcett Raboy covers forced me to acknowledge that I had long admired them but never done anything about it. This year - in moderation - I did so. Here are a couple of the best:

MasterComics2570LostValley.jpg

MasterComics3592.jpg

At the beginning of the year I took a lot of Hit Comics from Straw Man thinking that would be the title I stuck with. I still think that some of the Hit covers are among the greatest things in comics - and I remain in awe of Lou Fine's consummate artistry. But in the end I let go of the Hits, though later in the year did manage to find a couple of Fox covers by Fine that seem to suit me better:

MysteryMen355.jpg

MysteryMen580.jpg