• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Top 11 GA Acquisitions of 2011. Post 'em if you got 'em.

424 posts in this topic

My dates may be a little off. I was going to post one book and then found out I bought it in 2009 lol But I'm pretty sure these all fit in the last year. Gotta see if I can pick out 6 more.

Love 'em all!

I've been waiting on this one for a while. Definitely one of my highlights for the year.

Exciting06.jpg

One of the best books in this thread so far!!! NICE! :applause:

(I got to see a few of this book's MH brothers not too long ago ... couple of the other early sci fi covers, and they were incredible. So I know the scan does not do this book justice!)

I've bought 8 books so far in 2011. My goal is to hit 9 before the end of the year.

This is my favorite new addition. Particularly important for me since my Mickey Mouse Magazine run is substantially nicer than my Walt Disney's Comics and Stories. This fills the most difficult remaining high grade gap in my combined run.

118676.jpg

For the life of me, I cannot imagine how this amazing book could have been posted without any follow-up comments. Spectacular!!

:applause:

Well, not a comic, per se, more like a 3D panel, but does seem to have gold on it. Won ebay last night- big $...looks to be lacquered wood circa 1850… just over 2" tall... Netsuke from Japan...

karakos.jpg

:applause:

Really like this one Pat. Very classic motif. In fact, one that can be found on many comic book covers from The Katzenjammer Kids to Bugs Bunny and doubtless many others. :thumbsup:

(worship)

118872.jpg

wow! what a copy, what a cover. what in the world would it's demand be if it was in fact superman 2_, and it was supes himself flying over the tanks? i for one wouldn't be thinking the periscope cover was my favorite of the run.

(worship)

118872.jpg

wow! what a copy, what a cover. what in the world would it's demand be if it was in fact superman 2_, and it was supes himself flying over the tanks? i for one wouldn't be thinking the periscope cover was my favorite of the run.

Any Superman covers drawn by Raboy would almost certainly be in as much demand as the Supes 14 by Fredy Ray.

That Blue Beetle is nice. Didn't think you were into gga books anymore Richard

bluebeetle54.jpg

Thanks Alex. I always like the gga...

dagar14.jpg

That Blue Beetle is nice. Didn't think you were into gga books anymore Richard. As you know, i was hoping to able to pick up the Blue beetle from Verzyl one day

These days his tastes are dangerously catholic. :cry: