• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shipping irritations

74 posts in this topic

I'll probably get into trouble for this, but it is a problem.

I have no problem in waiting for books I order. I have no problem working around people's schedules, but when I, as the seller, tell you that books will ship on a certain day or date and then almost a week later of not contacting you to let know if books went out and give DC# just to have buyer have to contact me to ask for it and then to tell them it will go out in a couple days and it not happen. A few days later you contact me to see if books went out and I tell you I have been busy and will go out tomorrow, jut to find out a few days later that they still haven't gone out.

You see what this can do to a buyer when all they keep getting are answers that they haven't gone out yet and it will be in a few days and this draws out for a week to 3 weeks? It is a lot of broken promises and my buyers can lose faith in me as a seller.

It isn't the time it takes to get to the buyer. It is the fact that over and over again I keep telling the buyer something that never happens. It frustrates them.

Class of 2011.

Amen.

And the winner of the

"Comicalgems Award for Best New Thread Starter Newb of the Year"

goes to........

Class of 2011.

Amen.

And the winner of the

"Comicalgems Award for Best New Thread Starter Newb of the Year"

goes to........

Elaborate please

You are the latest, and greatest, in a long line of new posters who are unafraid to create new threads, on various topics, sometimes more than one in a day, on this forum.

Comicalgems was the trailblazer, and his lifetime of achievement was memorialized in this award.

Be honored.

Didn't you withdraw your nomination in the probation thread, only to come in CG and sheet on him further?

I have lemon juice next if the salt don't burn enough.

Legen

(wait for it)

dary!!!!!!!

What I was dealing with in the case I brought up in probation's thread was an extreme from one person that drew out over two months. This topic I was hoping to address some other sellers I am dealing with who do eventually ship within a week or two, but in that time there are a lot of promises to ship in a couple/few days that don't, but eventually do. It is really irritating to chase down answers if has shipped yet only to get these kinds of answers. If you are going to take a week to ship fine. If you tell me you need two weeks fine also. Just don't drag it along every 2-4 days of broken promises.

What I was dealing with in the case I brought up in probation's thread was an extreme from one person that drew out over two months. This topic I was hoping to address some other sellers I am dealing with who do eventually ship within a week or two, but in that time there are a lot of promises to ship in a couple/few days that don't, but eventually do. It is really irritating to chase down answers if has shipped yet only to get these kinds of answers. If you are going to take a week to ship fine. If you tell me you need two weeks fine also. Just don't drag it along every 2-4 days of broken promises.
I recommend that you PM Arch, and see if he will sticky this thread for you.

Didn't you withdraw your nomination in the probation thread, only to come in CG and sheet on him further?

I have lemon juice next if the salt don't burn enough.

To get a better understanding read my elaboration. There are more than one sellers here that do this, but not to the others' extreme.