• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Oregon books

47 posts in this topic

Did anyone win any?

I got three books, and thought they went for very strong prices. If any of these books had shown up elsewhere by themselves I don't think individually they would have gotten the prices they commanded at the auction. There was definately one or more people who were determined to win some of these books. Overall this was one of if not the nicest Superman family 50's and 60's books I have seen hit the market in years. Some really gorgeous books, and some that are so seldomly seen. The sheer number of WHITE pagers and census highest books was astounding!

Would have to agree with you on the prices, if this collection was scattered on e-bay, I probably would have only paid half the prices for my books (and win).

Having a nice OO collection concentrated in one auction with many collectors trying to fill their wantlist with some tough to find books made for a bidding war on some issues. A focused auction tends to skew prices a bit in these instances.

Regardless, I was willing to pay a bit of a premium for some issues I know don't come by very often, especially in decent condition.

I went after some World Finest issues. Look at GPA to get an idea of the price range and when I saw many average prices in the $300-$400 range I well maybe I'll get a few. However, when I saw CC's 6-month time payment option on all of them I knew that these were going to be very expensive.

Wanted at least one issue but because they are not even close to my core focus I just gave up trying with a few days left. Safe to say they blew GPA out of the water on most of these.

I won several of the lower grade World's Finest and one Superboy. The bidding was brutal and prices astronomical, in some cases. I talked to Rob at Metro today and he indicated that there are more Oregon books to come in Feb. He was not specific as to what was coming out.

i won the Action #171 CGC 5.5 and Action #174 CGC 6.5 both with white pages, 2 of the earlier Jimmy Olsens and 1 of the Worlds Finest. bidding was very fierce but I was determined to be the last person standing on the books that I won. These might be among the best examples of the best motherlode of Silver Age DCs that exist! Why didn't CGC give these books a pedigree status like they did with the Savanah and Twin Cities books?

i won the Action #171 CGC 5.5 and Action #174 CGC 6.5 both with white pages, 2 of the earlier Jimmy Olsens and 1 of the Worlds Finest. bidding was very fierce but I was determined to be the last person standing on the books that I won. These might be among the best examples of the best motherlode of Silver Age DCs that exist! Why didn't CGC give these books a pedigree status like they did with the Savanah and Twin Cities books?

EJR,

You need to get either a scanner or at least digitally photograph these books and post them so the rest of the collecting community can see these books. They sound like great books, but I'm certain we'd love to see them!

SLR

I bid on two....Superboy 49 and WF 97. The Superboy went for what I thought was a very reasonable price...$ 420. I would have gone higher but was at work when it finished. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I was following a few of the Oregon books in the CC auction. I did see one book (Lois Lane 22) that was in in the auction with 3 days left and a high bid slightly under $300.00 that vanished from the auction. Were there others like this? The only reason I ask is because I have the same issue in the same grade and was tracking the price.

The Oregons achieved (not all in cases) some really, really high prices. However, they are exceptional books for DCs, very white, nice page quality, incredibly fresh looking. I think for 50s DCs, pretty exceptional group and thus worth more than the "average".

Plus, I think that Comic Connect really has an incredible list of folks watching their auctions.

The extended bidding that Comicconnect has eliminates sniping so I think its a better indicator of what a book is worth. Extended bidding gives you a much better chance to get a book that you want and you don't have to guess what it will take to win a book! I wish Comiclink had extended bidding. I paid a pretty penny for the silver age oregon books that I won, its good to be able to acquire books like these in my lifetime before I depart for the happy hunting grounds!

This thread needs pictures!

I echo Brian in that this really was an incredible collection. Only getting three books makes me sad, I wanted so many more.

My original post was saying that under other circumstances many of these 7.5's and 8.0's would never reach some of the prices we saw, but as a collection they were very much sought after.

Here is one that I got, census highest, WHITE pages, yada yada :shy:

jo31cgc.jpg