• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bendis to leave Avengers.

12 posts in this topic

Yep, Bendis has finally announced that he will finish his long run on Avengers (and New Avengers and Avengers Assemble). I for one am looking forward to some fresh writing on Avengers, Bendis has managed to bring Avengers to the forefront of Marvel but his stories have seemed very average most of the time with some decent ones and some completely meh ones (and the Bendis dialogue still drives me to a murderous rage sometimes).

No announcements yet on who will be taking over but it'll be particularly interesting to see what happens with New Avengers which was pretty much Bendis's creation with his favourite characters. Marvels got some decent writers on board so my fingers are crossed that it's the dawn of a great new period for the Avengers. :wishluck:

The 1st volume of New Avengers was fresh and fun. But it started declining at the end of the run. The 2nd run was pretty bad to the point that I dropped it.

It is time for someone else to do it. Probably should have started that at the 2nd volume #1.

Pat

he's good with a solo character book (like Ulti Spidey) BUT he SUCKED at Avengers, Illuminati and Secret Invasion.

Isn't he doing X-men Vs Avengers??

X-Men Vs Avengers will be Bendis' gateway book into the X-Men titles. Watch.

Honestly, his strong suit isn't the superhero. It's in the realism of the character. Daredevil and Alias because he tore down the superhero aspect and dealt with them from a vertigo-esque perspective. Frankly, the artist was a huge help too (also a Vertigo-esque person in his own right).

Pat