• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another Casualty

15 posts in this topic

This blows. I've been a fan from the beginning, having bought all the issues (even getting a couple slabbed), the first 2 Sojourn Comics-on-DVD, and several original art pieces from the series. And what do they do? They cancel the series having only told half the story, even though it's their best-selling title by far. 893frustrated.gif I fear this isn't exactly going to inspire people like me who pick up CG's other titles (I've been picking up Abadazad, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang and El Cazador as well) to stick around, for fear of "random acts of cancellation". mad.gif

Yeah he did. I think he is doing covers for Birds of Prey now? I hope he gets back into full stories and doesn't go the "Mr. Cover-Man" route.

Didn't Land quit two weeks ago?

Yeah, Land quit after the "American Power" series was shelved. He left Sojourn earlier, though, with issue #33 (though he did do the cover to #34).

I really liked this series and the artwork was great. Sad day to see it go frown.gif.

Here's something that is worse - my 8 year old, who finds most comics boring, DEVOURED Sojourn. Absolutely loved it. There's a book that was bringing a new reader in, and now its gone.

(snip) I fear this isn't exactly going to inspire people like me who pick up CG's other titles (I've been picking up Abadazad, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang and El Cazador as well) to stick around, for fear of "random acts of cancellation". mad.gif

How are you liking Abadazad? I admit the only reason I picked this title up is because of Ploog's involvement, so glad to see his work again! El Cazador is a title that I am glad I stuck with. The art sold me but now the story is getting interesting. Have you or anyone checked out the limited series Chimera?

Those four books had some amazing artwork IMHO!

How are you liking Abadazad? I admit the only reason I picked this title up is because of Ploog's involvement, so glad to see his work again!

That's why I picked it up as well...can't say that books geared towards a young audience are my cup of tea, but I was impressed enough by the first issue to pick up #2 and #3 (which I haven't read yet). Just from my reading of issue #1, it seems like a solid comic for an all-ages audience and I wouldn't be surprised to see this title picked up by another publisher if and when CrossGen cancels it. I'm also thinking that some kind of movie or TV series based on the title has got to be in the cards at some point if they can keep it going for at least another year.