• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

full run f.s.--mystery comics, wise/nedor, schomburg covers

25 posts in this topic

cool little hard to put together run for sale. available only as a run, don't want to sell them piecemeal.

i'll take it on thread wins, but i will listen to reasonable counters. $1,150.

1. 4.5, c/ow. looks nicer, but the staple is popped on front side, and has tape on top and bottom of spine.

2. hardest book of the run. old label 7.0. if you're a cracker/resubber, it has visible creases that would press out and likely go 8.0 or 8.5. i'm just too lazy to do it, as the spirit to move them just hit me today.

3. a rag. tear seals, beat, etc. a good, at best. i tried to upgrade it, but always found the replacements very expensive.

4. big apple copy. very pretty.

mystery1.jpg

mystery2.jpg

mystery3.jpg

mystery4.jpg

Given how brillant you are BP, ahem,

"do u type this bad in ur emails to clients?"

For God's sake man, use the upper case letter to start your sentences,

feel like I'm reading a letter from my 7 year old,

Good luck with the sale, :acclaim:

B

lost the last of my clients long ago. now i go to work just to do research projects for our youngest associates. then they get a paralegal to check my product.

and thanks buddy!

lost the last of my clients long ago. now i go to work just to do research projects for our youngest associates. then they get a paralegal to check my product.

and thanks buddy!

I'm so glad your firm is so understanding. You're like the Cuba Gooding "Radar" character to them, I presume...

Given how brillant you are BP, ahem,

"do u type this bad in ur emails to clients?"

For God's sake man, use the upper case letter to start your sentences,

feel like I'm reading a letter from my 7 year old,

Good luck with the sale, :acclaim:

B

and thanks buddy!

.....what a drag. I'll have to rush out and do something wrong so we can get you back to work :baiting: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Don't be sad. The young attorneys get the door once Billy bangs his walker on it. And they brew his coffee.

Don't be sad. The young attorneys get the door once Billy bangs his walker on it. And they brew his coffee.

Did you hear the one about the attorney who confused his zimmer frame with a coffee table?

Did you hear the one about the attorney who confused his zimmer frame with a coffee table?

No. What happened?

No. What happened?

I couldnt say - it's a mystery.

However, if you want a joke about lawyers...

The Bronze Rat

A man goes into an antique store. After looking at most of the articles for sale he spots a beautiful bronze sculpture of a rat. The man is enthralled by the rat and takes it up to the owner to buy it. "How much for the rat?" he asks the proprietor.

"Ten bucks for the rat and a thousand bucks for the story" says the owner.

"Keep the story, I'll just take the rat" says the guy, who then pays the owner and walks outside with the rat under his arm.

Almost immediately a handful of rats fall in line behind the man and his purchase. The further the man walks, the more rats that congregate behind him. Eventually there are so many rats that the man becomes afraid and runs down to the river that cuts through the town.

At the edge of the river, with all the rats in town squealing and milling around him, he throws the bronze rat as far out into the river as he can. Without hesitation all the rats in town jump into the river to follow the bronze rat as it sinks to the bottom -- and all of the rats drown.

After recovering from the ordeal, the man makes his way back to the antique store.

"Aha!" says the store owner. "You came back for the story about the rat."

"Nope," says the man. "I was just wondering if you had a bronze lawyer"

Billy isnt going to speak to me for a week after that one! So I may as well tell another..

Lawyer's Charity

One afternoon a lawyer was riding in his limousine when he saw two men along the roadside eating grass. Disturbed, he ordered his driver to stop and he got out to investigate.

He asked one man, 'Why are you eating grass?'

'We don't have any money for food,' the poor man replied. 'We have to eat grass.'

'Well, then, you can come with me to my house and I'll feed you,' the lawyer said.

'But sir, I have a wife and two children with me. They are over there,

'Bring them along,' the lawyer replied.

Turning to the other poor man he stated, 'You come with us, also.'

The second man, in a pitiful voice, then said, 'But sir, I also have a wife and SIX children with me!'

'Bring them all, as well,' the lawyer answered.

They all entered the car, which was no easy task, even for a car as large as the limousine was.

Once underway, one of the poor fellows turned to the lawyer and said, 'Sir, you are too kind.'

'Thank you for taking all of us with you.'

The lawyer replied, 'Glad to do it. You'll really love my place. The grass is almost a foot high.'

Ahem, now where were we? O yes:

I'm Fine

Farmer Joe decided his injuries from the accident were serious enough to take the trucking company (responsible for the accident) to court.

In court, the trucking company's fancy lawyer was questioning farmer Joe. "Didn't you say, at the scene of the accident, 'I'm fine'?" said the lawyer.

Farmer Joe responded, "Well, I'll tell you what happened. I had just loaded my favorite mule Bessie into the......."

"I didn't ask for any details," the lawyer interrupted, "just answer the question. Did you not say, at the scene of the accident, 'I'm fine!'"

Farmer Joe said, "Well, I had just got Bessie into the trailer and I was driving down the road..."

The lawyer interrupted again and said, "Judge, I am trying to establish the fact that, at the scene of the accident, this man told the Highway Patrolman on the scene that he was just fine. Now several weeks after the accident he is trying to sue my client. I believe he is a fraud. Please tell him to simply answer the question."

By this time the Judge was fairly interested in Farmer Joe's answer and said to the lawyer, "I'd like to hear what he has to say about his favorite mule Bessie."

Joe thanked the Judge and proceeded, "Well, as I was saying, I had just loaded Bessie, my favorite mule, into the trailer and was driving her down the highway when this huge semi-truck and trailer ran the stop sign and smacked my truck right in the side. I was thrown into one ditch and Bessie was thrown into the other. I was hurting real bad and didn't want to move. However, I could hear ole Bessie moaning and groaning. I knew she was in terrible shape just by her groans. Shortly after the accident a Highway Patrolman came on the scene. He could hear Bessie moaning and groaning so he went over to her. After he looked at her he took out his gun and shot her between the eyes. Then the Patrolman came across the road with his gun in his hand and looked at me. He said, "Your mule was in such bad shape I had to shoot her - how are you feeling?"