• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Incredibles trailer

18 posts in this topic

Notice the James Bond music from On Her Majesties Secret Service.

that particular bond song is from "shaken and stirred" the david arnold james bond project - on her majesty secret service featuring the propellerheads. thumbsup2.gif i highly recommend that CD BTW. gossip.gifacclaim.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif Disney was sooooooo stupid to let Pixar go. foreheadslap.gif

I think Jobs was smart to walk away. I don't think Disney had much to say about it. Didn't Jobs want some (read - ALOT) input into Eisner's successor?

WOW WOW WOW!!!

looks great.

looks so good Ill bet even JC isnt gonna bash it every time it gets mentioned here untill it opens!!!

Didja notice that Mr Incredible is kinda like Kerry??? Especially th echin and faces he makes when putting on the microphone...

coincidence Im sure, but itll get noticed.

Opening on Election day week....hmmmmn, a few days after that is...

WOW WOW WOW!!!

Didja notice that Mr Incredible is kinda like Kerry??? Especially th echin and faces he makes when putting on the microphone...

coincidence Im sure, but itll get noticed.

Opening on Election day week....hmmmmn, a few days after that is...

I noticed too. Of course, this probably has been in the works for about three years so I doubt they would go back and change things. If the bad guy looks like Bush...

Steve Jobs is a formidable opponent who realized he made what turned out to have been a short-sided deal originally. He wanted to extend the contract at far more favorable terms (like Lucas does with Star Wars films), just paying a 'fee" to distribute Pixar films thru Disney... AND he wanted teh remaining Pixar/Disney films to be put into the new deal structure. Disney stood to lose 100s millions just to get bragging rights to Pixar releases... Eisners a tough monkey too, and not one to be pushed around, so he opted to tough it out and keep the lions share of the next two Pixar films he still already has (rather than bargain the $$s away for litle return), and see what happens.

Disney has to think they can survive the short-term cash cow Pixar turned out to be.

Im happy Pixar will get what they want going forward, or at least a lot better than the Disney terms they endured till now. Lassiter and co. are incredible creative and on a super roll. All their films have been highly entertaining, for all ages, and are still a kick to watch.