• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Five Dollar Fees

9 posts in this topic

Business owners have a right to make a reasonable profit. If a $5 handling fee is the best way to cover costs, then it is CGC's right to charge for it.

Ahhh, "reasonable". That can mean very different things to different people. If the CEO of CGC thinks it's "reasonable" to drive a $150,000 Porsche to work every day, but he needs an increase in wage for it - then it becomes "reasonable" to charge the customer more money in order to cover his salary.

CGC is raising prices simply because they can. Where else are we going to go? Nowhere. That's why they can do it. I don't think it has anything to do with being reasonable or not. It's just supply and demand in it's most basic form. Submitting to CGC is a luxury for my collection, not a necessity - so I'm ok with price hikes.

I agree. That's also why I don't have much heartburn about raising fees. Prices go up, and that's just the way it goes - for all kinds of businesses.