• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is this normal for Mile High?

12 posts in this topic

No, this ain't a ''let's attack Mile High' thread, just wondering if this is something they do often and if anyone else has noticed!

About a month ago I decided to test out buying a few things from them. Nothing too expensive, a few VG DC bronze horrors. They were having a 50% off sale and the prices looked good.(ie. Around about OSPG as a guide.)

Total for 5 issues of House of Secrets came to $50. 50% = $25.

Fantastic! No probs.

I recently recieved thier latest newsletter.

New 60% off sale!

Great I thought, I'll take another look.

WTF.

The prices for the same 5 issues at the same grade have gone through the roof!

Now they total $70!

This makes the 60% off nearly equal to the full price a month ago!

Is this a common occurence with thier sales?

Has anyone ever noticed if the prices go down when the sales finish?

This has really put the brakes on my ordering from them. Which is a damned shame!

Isn't part of MH's pricing based on quantities in stock? So if you buy something from them and then look at the same item later, it will be higher in price?

Not that I'd be surprised that they would raise prices across the board before a big sale.

Havn't bought from Milehigh since 2005, but I believe it was so even back then. They fluctuated prices wildly back then and even on the sales what ever I bought was overpriced. :P

I stopped buying from milehigh when I discovered numerous GA books I had bought from them in grades from VG, FI and up had missing pages...... :sick:

I have noticed the price swing as well. That is why I only purchase cheap items from them and as a last resort. Some comics like Archies and indies seem to fall under this price swing. If you do look, you can find deals with the discounts. This year they had some really nicely priced DC romance books and those prices didn't fluctuate.

I was going through the site and making sure to check ospg for books i was considering before adding them to my cart. ones i was looking at were ~5-10% higher than overstreet in that grade, so knocking down 60% of that is basically 45-50% of guide. that's not bad.

thought I would spend $31 to get the free shippping and see what happened. just trying to fill some holes with 80's books. don't think i would get silver there unless it was really cheap -- *maybe* bronze.