• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So, Superman's been a Sand Creature all this time?

25 posts in this topic

I actually remember reading these stories when they first came out.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/12/16/whatever-happened-1998-death-of-superman/

After seeing how people reacted to the whole ''Spider-Clone'' saga I'm glad DC decided to shelve the ''Super-Clone'' idea, If this was indeed the direction DC was planing to go in. :insane:

I remember reading about this supes-sandman theory for how Superman would return after his death......in the old Wizard magazine which drove up the price for the issue like crazy.

The story was kinda blah, along with the artwork.

Y'know, that just sounds so much better than the Spider-clone saga. If true, it was well organized and didn't mess w/ 20 years of stories. Might have been neat.

It is an interesting read, and the author does make a convincing case. I almost want to believe it-- it would show a degree of planning and editorial stewardship behind the scenes that a lot of us wish was the norm rather than the exception today.

Except...

If the lynchpin was the lost 1988 annual that was only published in 1992, why did they keep dropping the clues and hints during the 1988 to 1992 period, based on a story not yet published?

A few sentences in to that article and I started hearing Sheldon's voice while I read it. Weird. :insane:

sheldon-cooper-big-bang-theory.jpg

"I believe wholeheartedly that the real Superman died in 1988 and his body was left in the frozen debris of the first Fortress of Solitude.

Until the time Flashpoint changed things, the Superman we read each month was the sand creature who simply believed he was the real Superman."

OMG, this could change EVERYTHING!

Just when I think I know the man. I find out I don't. :(

Next thing you know. Gwen Stacey is baaack. Bane kicks the Hulks Butt. Lois Lane gains superpowers. Supergirl is not Supermans cousin. etc, etc.

Why can't these writers just tell us what actually happened, and not make up wild fantasy stories. :)

OMG, this could change EVERYTHING!

Just when I think I know the man. I find out I don't. :(

Next thing you know. Gwen Stacey is baaack. Bane kicks the Hulks Butt. Lois Lane gains superpowers. Supergirl is not Supermans cousin. etc, etc.

Why can't these writers just tell us what actually happened, and not make up wild fantasy stories. :)

Yeah, because who wants to read a wild fantasy story in the form of a comic book. lol

This is fascinating retro-fitting of story elements into a storyline that seems to make sense.

But its hinges on us believing that DC bailed on the final reveal of a year's in the making major plot line, is that Marvel had rushed out the SpiderClone to tap into the idea first and it bombed?? SO they canceled the reveal?

THATS a bit hard to swallow. Why not contact Danny Fingeroth? Ask him what was behind his/Marvel's plans with the clone saga? Over the years, even in the face of deafening humiliation for his role in the fiasco, you'd think he'd quickly blurt out that he/Marvel was just trying to bet DC to the punch of THEIR stupid idea!

Im sure Danny would LOVE to be let off the hook! He may have even started this line of thinking... He IS a good writer..