• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stan Lee at the London Super Comic Con info

124 posts in this topic

"Stan invades the UK"

So you all have heard or read the news that Stan Lee will be appearing at the London Super Comic Convention taking place on February 25-26th. And a lot of you have questions.

What are the details of how I can get my books signed by Stan?

How many books can I get signed by Stan?

Can I get my books CGC graded after they are signed by Stan?

All of those questions will be answered very soon!

Details are still being worked out with the con promoter. So please be patient.

We will be making new announcements and updates as they become available.

The e-mail address to ask questions will be StanLeeUK@desertwindcomics.com.

And we will have an information update webpage posted as soon as possible.

Again please be patient and thank you for your cooperation.

:news:

Win a private audience with Stan Lee

Stan Lee has agreed to give one lucky attendee the opportunity to meet him in person.

All you have to do is book your ticket through the site and one lucky winner will be chosen at random and announced on the 7th of February 2012. The audience will occur at the convention where you will get to speak to Stan one on one. Don't miss out on the opportunity of a lifetime.

Excelsior...

Stan Lee signing info

For those of you who are interested in getting your books signed by Stan Lee. There will be a limit of how many you can get signed at the show. That announcement will be coming soon. But for those who are looking at getting 3 or more books signed, please e-mail us at StanLeeUK@desertwindcomics.com to let us know how many you are possibly thinking of getting signed. We are asking this so that we may plan accordingly with Stan's time while he is in the UK. A fee (which is being discussed right now) will be charged for any books being signed outside of the show and having them submitted for CGC grading (fee applies) can be handled as well.

For those of us not usually into defacing our beautiful books with sigs, but wanting to take advantage of this rare (UK) opportunity? Will we be able to get (Up to 2) books signed, witnessed and submitted for SS grading via your good selves on the day?

DWC will be providing CGC services for both Blue Label and Yellow Label (Signature Series) for ALL creators at the show. Just waiting for some final numbers to be calculated for shipping and we will release all of the pricing and submission details. We want to make sure to get everything in one bog announcement and not have to make any changes. Thank you for your patience.

DWC will be providing CGC services for both Blue Label and Yellow Label (Signature Series) for ALL creators at the show. Just waiting for some final numbers to be calculated for shipping and we will release all of the pricing and submission details. We want to make sure to get everything in one bog announcement and not have to make any changes. Thank you for your patience.
Oh he0s yeah!!

Excellent!

I wouldn't mind getting my Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep #1 signed by Bill Sienkiewicz, the cover he did is awesome.

Sienkiwicz.... Hmmmmm. Perhaps even more Dazzler to be signed :whee:

(Or perhaps my beloved Transformers #1) :cloud9:

Desertwind Comic Dudes, :headbang:

I notice on the London Super Comic Con website it says to visit your website to obtain prices for getting SS CGC items. Can you direct me where to go, or post detail here please (to ship slabbed items back to the UK). Is it possible to have the prices in UK sterling?

Many thanks... :acclaim:

I notice on the London Super Comic Con website it says to visit your website to obtain prices for getting SS CGC items. Can you direct me where to go, or post detail here please (to ship slabbed items back to the UK). Is it possible to have the prices in UK sterling?

The information will be up on the DWC website by the end of today. As for converting it to UK Sterling, we can do that but that figure may change slightly due to the difference between the UK Sterling and the US Dollar changes everyday.

The information will be up on the DWC website by the end of today. As for converting it to UK Sterling, we can do that but that figure may change slightly due to the difference between the UK Sterling and the US Dollar changes everyday.

Awesome (thumbs u

Just bought my Stan tier 2 ticket for Saturday

:banana:

gets you in early - opens at 9.30 am for tier 2 and 3 holders rather than 10am for the rest - will you go straight to front of Stan's first signing session (starts at 10) or will you hit the books before everyone else?

Not sure yet.

Will prob go to one of the later signing sessions in the hope of picking up a sweet Marvel book worthy of his sig.

I'm hoping for an early UXM or Silver Surfer (vol 1) in high grade but will arrive armed with something from my collection just in case.