• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trimmed Book

14 posts in this topic

I'm a little happy and sad at the same time. My 8/15 sub is finally in scheduled for grading status and the resto check labeled one of the Wheaties Premium copies as TRIMMED. I'm really bummed about that I didn't spot it. I'm a little concerned that maybe, just maybe, CGC might be in error over this. I subbed the entire run of issues B-1 through B-8 and all of them were very close to the same grade. B-4 was spotted as trimmed. I'm not sure if anyone can spot it from a scan but I'd like some other opinions.

WheatiesSetB-4.jpg

Why would anyone trim that book?

I'm asking the same question. All 8 were bought from the same seller so I'm highly suspect they would go through the trouble to trim that one issue and even do so badly a job at that.

I wonder if I can call CGC and ask them to recheck that. Has anyone ever done that?

Here's something to compare with, B-1 issue. If I can't get them to re-verify that I'd rather have them pull it from the invoice and SHRED it. I don't want the census tainted with the first ever PLOD in the entire series.

WheatiesSetB-1.jpg

Hi the first thing you need to do is measure the height of all the books.

They all should be within 1/16 to 1/8 of each other.

Next measure the distance of the staples from top edge of staple to top of book. Again all should be around 1/16 of each other.

If you have one that has more variance than this it might be suspect.

Next from the pics you showed the top edge is close but the bottom seems to be larger margin wise than the top in relation to the other book so I am thinking it could just be the bindery (the cutting and stapling) was just bad on that one book.

Can you take a photo of the top edge from an angle where we can see the cross section of all pages. I want to see the pages from a front view of their tops as they are when the book is lying down.