• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cheetah and His Everything Journal

1,085 posts in this topic

I think all of my Dreadstar books came from three sources: my OO collections straight off the shelf in the early to mid 80s, the Golden State collection that Steve Ritter hand picked, and a small number that I picked up raw at cons and submitted.

Dreadstar 7

Dreadstar7.jpg

Dreadstar7B.jpg

I'll be on Dreadstar for another five days to finish out my run. I've got all of them except 1, 28, 30, 33, 34, 39 and 49. After that, I'll start working on my Doctor Strange run.

This has the most extreme color variation of any issue published during the last year of FH -- so far as I have seen. It's still a cool book!

Jumbo 155 - A wonderful example of how diverse the coloring on Fiction House books can be.

Jumbo15590.jpg

Jumbo15570.jpg

When I first say the brown copy, it was one of my favorite covers. Kinda reminded me of the early brown Tales to Astonish and Tales of Suspense horror covers. I was pretty much floored when I found the 7.0 copy on ebay and paid next to nothing. It's remarkable what a little red can do.