• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official Ridley Scott's ''PROMETHEUS'' Teaser Trailers (UPDATE)

57 posts in this topic

The problem with greatness (and it's not really a problem but I'm just phrasing it that way) is that you can't bottle it up and make a formula to repeat it.

The Phantom Menace in 1999.

That year The Matrix changed Science-Fiction instead. The Phantom Menace made more money, with a PG rating and all. But, out of the two which movie do us boardies watch more on cable or Blu Ray? Which will stand the test of time... with an R-rating?

The Matrix was a paradigm shift in movies that not only had an impact on the movie industry, it had an impact on society itself.

That is greatness that you can't repeat.

Agreed.

The problem with greatness (and it's not really a problem but I'm just phrasing it that way) is that you can't bottle it up and make a formula to repeat it.

That year The Matrix changed Science-Fiction instead. The Phantom Menace made more money, with a PG rating and all. But, out of the two which movie do us boardies watch more on cable or Blu Ray? Which will stand the test of time... with an R-rating?

The differents is Lucas intended to make it a PG movie

I would watch The Matrix over Phantom Menace anyday :banana:

Can I ask something?

The MPAA's Rating system was created primarily to keep the ''kiddies'' from seeing things that (at the time) many parents didn't want them seeing like Violence, Uncensored Nudity & :o Bad Language.

But now in the time of the Internet where kids can see this stuff (and worse) everyday doesn't that kind of make the rating system antiquated?

Especially when movies like The Hangover get the same rating as the average Gorno flick.

I mean there's definitely something wrong right there. :screwy:

So who's keeping this out of date rating system in power of every movie that comes out?

Good point hm

With the internet,kids see things 10x worse than what movie studios put out :eek::ohnoez:

Would a new rating system be better?

I say scrap the rating systems.

But I know that will never happen.

I watched R-Rated Go more times than The Phantom Menace in theaters at the time they played together.

Lucas was just trying to tap that 'ol reliable PG bottle of lightning again to sell the formula to make himself more rich. But, the audiences realized it was still all about licensing toys(as Jedi was) and not storytelling.

Scared studios are just trying to find a similar $$$ formula with rickety old franchises with cutting them in 3-D PG-13's. To me it only recoups their budgets, but hurts the ingretity of the films. Don't get me wrong I like PG-13 films as they were meant to be as the 3-D ones, but not the ones that weren't meant to be that way. It seems like a cop-out. If The Matrix came out next year, it would most likely be a PG-13 and we all know it.

I watched R-Rated Go more times than The Phantom Menace in theaters at the time they played together.

Lucas was just trying to tap that 'ol reliable PG bottle of lightning again to sell the formula to make himself more rich. But, the audiences realized it was still all about licensing toys(as Jedi was) and not storytelling.

Scared studios are just trying to find a similar $$$ formula with rickety old franchises with cutting them in 3-D PG-13's. To me it only recoups their budgets, but hurts the ingretity of the films. Don't get me wrong I like PG-13 films as they were meant to be as the 3-D ones, but not the ones that weren't meant to be that way. It seems like a cop-out. If The Matrix came out next year, it would most likely be a PG-13 and we all know it.

Good point.

As much as I want to see a R-rated Wolverine movie,Fox would never allow it :(

I feel so sorry seeing him trapped in the PG-13 X-Men movies(spin-offs and reboots). It's like he's hosting Sesame Street, because of the bulletproof glass of PG-13 violence. He deserves to have a R-Rated solo vehicle in the same vein of Blade(har dee har har har) and The Punisher. But, he was the selling point of starting up these vehicles this way and now he's probably trapped in them until they milk his character dry. Give us a nice R-rated independent Wolvie movie from Lionsgate before that happens I say. rantrant

I feel so sorry seeing him trapped in the PG-13 X-Men movies(spin-offs and reboots). It's like he's hosting Sesame Street, because of the bulletproof glass of PG-13 violence. He deserves to have a R-Rated solo vehicle in the same vein of Blade(har dee har har har) and The Punisher. But, he was the selling point of starting up these vehicles this way and now he's probably trapped in them until they milk his character dry. Give us a nice R-rated independent Wolvie movie from Lionsgate before that happens I say. rantrant
I mean come on.

Have you read any of his comic books.

I mean come on.

Have you read any of his comic books.

I was going by what would play cinematically in an edgy way. Wolverine seems like a character that could get away with this from time to time. In certain comics and the PG-13 X-Men movies he seems like the Fonz stuck in Happy Days. A notorious tough guy hanging out with the Cunninghams. I want to see why he's such a bad-*spoon* on celluloid before I see him smart talking Magneto or Cyclops. It helps round out his character better. My 2c

I don't see this movie having a pg-13 rating. Based on the cast and some of the clips I think it is going to me pretty into the Horror aspect and not so much into some of the we been forced fed. This movie is not only a lot more interesting than anything related to this movie but is going to show a whole different aspect to this movie that has not been shown before. So as an alien fan who no longer really enjoys the alien franchise this movie looks really really good. That being said hopefully this makes sense in the film and is still scary, but so far I think it looks very very promising.

His proposals compared w/ the captured stills from the trailer is excellent. (thumbs u

I caught many similarities, but there are sooo many others... :cloud9:

I find this one creeps me out, PG-13 or NOT!

Good stuff!

2c

*3500!