• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official Ridley Scott's ''PROMETHEUS'' Teaser Trailers (UPDATE)

57 posts in this topic

Looks decent from the initial snippets, so I hope it comes close to the 1st couple installments.

Unbelievable that, from what I've read, fox is claiming that this is not tied to the first movie. :eyeroll:

Screen capture from the first Alien movie (where they find the space jockey with the hole in his chest)

alien79.jpg

Screen capture from Prometheus, you can see the space jockey to the right

alien12.jpg

Closing scene perhaps? The space jockey sits and an Alien bursts from his chest? :wishluck:

It looks like Ridley Scott will send a PG-13 and R-rated verisons of the movie to 20th Century Fox for them to decide which one they want to release hm

With a $100million dollar budget,my money is on the PG-13 rating.

That would off the die-hard hard-core R-Rated Aliens fans and create negative buzz. My money is on "This Film Has Not Been Rated" disclaimers until a month or two before release. If the buzz is as huge as it is now, I can see it being R-Rated in the long run. There has been way too much of a PG-13 backlash over R-Rated franchise gory films being toned down for a wider audience. PG-13 was originally made for more intense PG movies that weren't R-rated(Gremlins, Temple of Doom, not $$$). With a niche of horror and raunchy R-Rated vehicles going over $100 million dollars again, I can see the studios trying R-Rated blockbusters again. I personally know, I won't watch a PG-13 Alien Vs. Predator again.

It looks like Ridley Scott will send a PG-13 and R-rated verisons of the movie to 20th Century Fox for them to decide which one they want to release hm

That would off the die-hard hard-core R-Rated Aliens fans and create negative buzz. My money is on "This Film Has Not Been Rated" disclaimers until a month or two before release. If the buzz is as huge as it is now, I can see it being R-Rated in the long run. There has been way too much of a PG-13 backlash over R-Rated franchise gory films being toned down for a wider audience. PG-13 was originally made for more intense PG movies that weren't R-rated(Gremlins, Temple of Doom, not $$$). With a niche of horror and raunchy R-Rated vehicles going over $100 million dollars again, I can see the studios trying R-Rated blockbusters again. I personally know, I won't watch a PG-13 Alien Vs. Predator again.
Then how do you explain Alien vs Predator:Requiem? :sick:

That movie was R-rated and it sucked worse than AVP :sick::sick:

PG-13 = Theater

R = DVD/BD

Bring it ! :whee:

:headbang:

Rarely do I like one of these PG-13 hack-jobs, Live Free or Die Hard is the only one that comes to mind(but the Unrated one was a whole lot better). No comment on AVP:R. With sequels like Jaws 2-4: The Revenge, Superman III-IV, Halloween III-VI, it's best to forget it exists. ;)

While you're at it forget about Halloween: The Resurrection too. lol

Rarely do I like one of these PG-13 hack-jobs, Live Free or Die Hard is the only one that comes to mind(but the Unrated one was a whole lot better). No comment on AVP:R. With sequels like Jaws 2-4: The Revenge, Superman III-IV, Halloween III-VI, it's best to forget it exists. ;)

lol

Fright Night remake and The Thing prequel were R-rated and they bombed at the Box Office.

Just because they were R-rated doesn't mean they'll make money or make a better movie 2c

When you give a popular franchise like Alien a R-rating,you're limited to a different group of people.

To me,a good movie is about the characters and the pace of the movie.

Not tying this to the Alien film would be stupid and completely beyond comprehension... there's already a wide instant fan base by tying this to the Alien franchise. Even my wife, which HATES sci-fi/space movies, enjoyed the Alien films and would be up for going to see a prequel (although she didn't care for the last one).

Not that Ridley Scott couldn't make another awesome movie but why gamble when millions are on the line. (plus the increase of Alien DVD's sales and the release of a new box set!)

I'd watch it either way although if it's an Alien prequel then I'll go see it in the theater!

Not tying this to the Alien film would be stupid and completely beyond comprehension... there's already a wide instant fan base by tying this to the Alien franchise. Even my wife, which HATES sci-fi/space movies, enjoyed the Alien films and would be up for going to see a prequel (although she didn't care for the last one).

Not that Ridley Scott couldn't make another awesome movie but why gamble when millions are on the line. (plus the increase of Alien DVD's sales and the release of a new box set!)

I'd watch it either way although if it's an Alien prequel then I'll go see it in the theater!

The problem with greatness (and it's not really a problem but I'm just phrasing it that way) is that you can't bottle it up and make a formula to repeat it.

Like Nolan with all the Bane/speech internet chatter I'm going to ignore the general consensus and give Ridley Scott the benefit of the doubt. He's one of the most gifted directors of our time. I won't throw out the baby with the bath water quite yet.

If someone can make a timeless movie like Blade Runner in the early 1980's I'm sure he can blow the doors off the Sci Fi crowd in 2012.

lol

Fright Night remake and The Thing prequel were R-rated and they bombed at the Box Office.

Just because they were R-rated doesn't mean they'll make money or make a better movie 2c

When you give a popular franchise like Alien a R-rating,you're limited to a different group of people.

Granted, I loved the characters in two the first Alien movies. Even Jones the cat made a purr-fect cameo in the sequel. But they were movies about eerie tone and atmosphere, with legitmate shocks(chest bursting births) you don't see in everyday life. It was just a great casting director that assembled that troupe of actors that "got" their roles. You just don't get "haunted" that way with Modern PG-13 movies. They are about the ride and don't give a fig about the characters. Maybe this all started really with Jurassic Park, I don't know. But, I don't expect this movie to cater to my nostalgia of being terrified of an Alien under my bed ready to eat me like Newt in Aliens or do anything innovative with shocks, with a PG-13 rating. Just a lot of off camera stuff. Alfred Hitchock or John Carpenter said it was more terrifying to use your audience's imagination, but I figure we are about due for something current to give us "new" nightmares.

P.S. I loved the Fright Night remake. Colin Ferrell was born to play Jerry, IMHO. Like the original Thing(you liked that one too, Sara), the audience couldn't find it and bombed. ET, the PG alien movie killed The Thing in it's original release, if I remember right. But, PROMETHEUS isn't gonna be a family movie, if marketed with a PG-13 rating. Just a toothless lion, that will be fixed for Blu-Ray. I figure, be what you were before, fierce Alien movies. :makepoint:

The problem with greatness (and it's not really a problem but I'm just phrasing it that way) is that you can't bottle it up and make a formula to repeat it.

The Phantom Menace in 1999.

That year The Matrix changed Science-Fiction instead. The Phantom Menace made more money, with a PG rating and all. But, out of the two which movie do us boardies watch more on cable or Blu Ray? Which will stand the test of time... with an R-rating?

The Phantom Menace in 1999.

That year The Matrix changed Science-Fiction instead. The Phantom Menace made more money, with a PG rating and all. But, out of the two which movie do us boardies watch more on cable or Blu Ray? Which will stand the test of time... with an R-rating?

The Matrix was a paradigm shift in movies that not only had an impact on the movie industry, it had an impact on society itself.

That is greatness that you can't repeat.

lol

Granted, I loved the characters in two the first Alien movies. Even Jones the cat made a purr-fect cameo in the sequel. But they were movies about eerie tone and atmosphere, with legitmate shocks(chest bursting births) you don't see in everyday life. It was just a great casting director that assembled that troupe of actors that "got" their roles. You just don't get "haunted" that way with Modern PG-13 movies. They are about the ride and don't give a fig about the characters. Maybe this all started really with Jurassic Park, I don't know. But, I don't expect this movie to cater to my nostalgia of being terrified of an Alien under my bed ready to eat me like Newt in Aliens or do anything innovative with shocks, with a PG-13 rating. Just a lot of off camera stuff. Alfred Hitchock or John Carpenter said it was more terrifying to use your audience's imagination, but I figure we are about due for something current to give us "new" nightmares.

P.S. I loved the Fright Night remake. Colin Ferrell was born to play Jerry, IMHO. Like the original Thing(you liked that one too, Sara), the audience couldn't find it and bombed. ET, the PG alien movie killed The Thing in it's original release, if I remember right. But, PROMETHEUS isn't gonna be a family movie, if marketed with a PG-13 rating. Just a toothless lion, that will be fixed for Blu-Ray. I figure, be what you were before, fierce Alien movies. :makepoint:

I didn't see the Fright Night remake b/c I'm sick of vampire movies :P

I wanted to see the Thing prequel but I'm cheap.

And yes,the 1982 Thing bombed b/c of ET.