• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Journey into Mystery #55

11 posts in this topic

This is a really tough one for me to grade. Main defects are the crease, a tiny bit of bug chew on the overflash, top back cover and very light spine wear. PQ is very nice, probably ow/w and no tanning inside the covers. Inside edges are razor sharp. Covers are flat, glossy and reflective. Back cover has a tiny thumbprint near the spine that sort of looks like a stain in the scan, but is not - more like a slight gloss loss - non-water type. There's no tactile trace of the crease, just the light color break. Thanks in advance for everyone's opinion. If anyone has a scan of a CGC graded similar late Gold or early Silver book with a crease like this and very little else wrong with it that they feel like sharing, that would be very cool.

jim55front.jpg

jim55back.jpg

If anyone has a scan of a CGC graded similar late Gold or early Silver book with a crease like this and very little else wrong with it that they feel like sharing, that would be very cool.

Not CGC graded but a similar flaw.

ST123FAug64.jpg

Thanks for those who've read/posted and in advance for anyone else who may post. Does it hurt the grade differently (by CGC standards) whether it is a diagonal crease or one parallel to the spine, such as the following?

tos12cgc60oww-1.jpg

I don't think anyone here can positively answer that question but I would say the crease along the spine is considered a reading crease and would be treated less harshly than the diagonal, angled, in-your-face crease.

This is a really tough one for me to grade. Main defects are the crease, a tiny bit of bug chew on the overflash, top back cover and very light spine wear. PQ is very nice, probably ow/w and no tanning inside the covers. Inside edges are razor sharp. Covers are flat, glossy and reflective. Back cover has a tiny thumbprint near the spine that sort of looks like a stain in the scan, but is not - more like a slight gloss loss - non-water type. There's no tactile trace of the crease, just the light color break. Thanks in advance for everyone's opinion. If anyone has a scan of a CGC graded similar late Gold or early Silver book with a crease like this and very little else wrong with it that they feel like sharing, that would be very cool.

jim55front.jpg

jim55back.jpg

The Twin Cities FF 11 was kind of like this.....CGC 6.5.....but it didn't have the issues on the overflash. I'd say 5.5....GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u