• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

my dog died suddenly today

52 posts in this topic

i feel horrible, he was a good dog, named charlie, just a mut but a big dog, had him since 2001 so he was 70 in dog years.

he was a great watchdog, and he loved the cats and the kids, he would watch out for all of em.

dont know what happened he was fine this morning, fed him gave him water and saw him walkin around bout noon or so, but my daughter went to give him some scraps and came and told me he wasnt moving an i went and checked and he was in his dog house dead.

looks like he went to sleep, and just died, idk maybe heartworms or something like that, but he never whined or anything, im just really bummed about it. like i said he was a good dog.

:sorry:

and im really gonna miss him

Im really sorry for your loss.The dog is truly mans best friend.

At least he went peacefully,the silver lining on a miserable black cloud. :sorry:

I'm so sorry about the loss of what sounds like a wonderful family addition.

:foryou: to you and your family.

My favorite quote pertaining dogs, I read in an old 40s hunting magazine when I was little. It rings so true still and it has helped me cope with the departure of some of my loved pups. I shared it here when another fellow Boardie lost a dog a couple years ago. It read,

"The reason we love dogs do much is, they can touch our hearts in ways no other animal or even human can."

My childhood dog died just before Christmas years ago after a long illness and it really is a big loss, you have my sympathy. The only plus I suppose, is that it doesn't sound as if he suffered too much beforehand. Horrible to see an animal suffer.

I have three dogs, we consider them members of our family. I couldn't tell how I would feel if anything were to happen. Last year alone, my wife and I spent $3,000 on a medical surgery for one of them.

I trully feel for you loss. Tske some time to grieve, and when the time comes, adopt another friend.