• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who should I sell my comics to?

16 posts in this topic

Getting older and not able to do as many shows as I used to. Not to mention that they consistently lose money.

I have approximately 75-80,000 comics, and have wondered for a while how to dispose of them if (1) I get physically or mentally unable to continue; or (2) if I were to die and my wife would need to move them. (She has no interest in them.)

Which dealers would be the most likely to give a reasonable price for the whole lot? Not thinking in terms of per cent of guide, but not considering the nickel to dime per book that a lot of dealers try to steal stuff for either.

Not at that point just yet, but I'd like to have some kind of list made up before it's time to act.

I imagine I'm not the only one thinking in these terms.

Any suggestions?

Getting older and not able to do as many shows as I used to. Not to mention that they consistently lose money.

I have approximately 75-80,000 comics, and have wondered for a while how to dispose of them if (1) I get physically or mentally unable to continue; or (2) if I were to die and my wife would need to move them. (She has no interest in them.)

Which dealers would be the most likely to give a reasonable price for the whole lot? Not thinking in terms of per cent of guide, but not considering the nickel to dime per book that a lot of dealers try to steal stuff for either.

Not at that point just yet, but I'd like to have some kind of list made up before it's time to act.

Any suggestions?

The answer really depends primarily upon what is in your collection. If it is older books, there are any number of people who would be interested(including me). If it is primarily 1970s to current, you are probably looking at a bulk deal.

Any suggestions?

The answer really depends primarily upon what is in your collection. If it is older books, there are any number of people who would be interested(including me). If it is primarily 1970s to current, you are probably looking at a bulk deal.

Dale beat me. doh!

fwiw -- i set terms in my will for my collection to be auctioned by a reputable auction house (silver/gold/bronze) until I know better about if my kids might be interested in them. the proceeds are then placed in our trust until my heirs are eligible to access it.

Mostly I'm trying to avoid someone taking them to a random dealer who might not be fair with them -- esp. if my family doesn't understand where the value is in the collection.

if you are a dealer, you may know better who are the reputable dealers that would give your family a fair shake. I haven't built that kind of relationship yet, so I'll have to rely on the market first.

This will be the thread of the week.

:banana:

They say Wednesday is the new Friday. hm

What did Friday become then?

Christmas Eve's Eve.

AKA the day I start Vacation from work till new year

This will be the thread of the week.

:banana:

They say Wednesday is the new Friday. hm

What did Friday become then?

Christmas Eve's Eve.

AKA the day I start Vacation from work till new year

^^

Any suggestions?

Dale beat me. doh!

Like a rented comic nerd. :makepoint: