• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spider-man 51

29 posts in this topic

Here's a copy of Spider-man 51 that I picked up a few years ago. Any idea what it would grade? I'm trying to put together three books to ship to CGC and use my Collectors Society certificate. So far it's Haunt of Fear 15, Eerie 1 and ...

The pic is clickable for a larger scan. The back is in the same shape as the front.

http://home.comcast.net/~funny_pages/spiderman51.jpg' target="_blank">

spiderman51.jpg

Beaytiful looking copy thumbsup2.gif from your scan of the book, it seems to be in the NM- range, and I honestly dont see enough flaws to keep it from grading at a NM.

IMO it looks nicer than some of my early Spidey books in 9.0. I can see being a 2nd app. of Kingpin they might tend to really grade this copy a bit harder. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Did any of the 9.0 and higher people actually look at the larger scan? foreheadslap.gif Both spine corners have wear, there is quite a bit of fairly heavy spine stress, URC is bunged, two light creases bottom edge and an overflash crease top edge close to the spine. 8.0 at best. Sorry dude, not trying to hate on your book. I think people are just looking at the normal scan and not seeing a lot of the wear present on the book.

Did any of the 9.0 and higher people actually look at the larger scan? foreheadslap.gif Both spine corners have wear, there is quite a bit of fairly heavy spine stress, URC is bunged, two light creases bottom edge and an overflash crease top edge close to the spine. 8.0 at best. Sorry dude, not trying to hate on your book. I think people are just looking at the normal scan and not seeing a lot of the wear present on the book.

It took a long for the normal scan to load. 27_laughing.gif

I was able to tell from that one there are enough spine cracks and corner wear to prevent a 9.X grade. flowerred.gif

I'm thinking it's in the 8.0 to 8.5 range...

I will say, however, that I had a Turok #1 (FC #596) with less corner and spine wear than this book come back at a 7.5 ... confused.gif

It did have a thin, very light dust shadow on the lower edge of the back cover, but still...

Great copy though. Good luck with this one! I hope the fates are on your side.

frown.gifHell, I finished supper and had a couple of beers, and that scan still didnt load up. So I got tired of waiting, and went by his inital scan makepoint.gif