• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"New -52's" DETECTIVE COMICS #1

22 posts in this topic

In this month's CBG the ad for CGC shows a DETECTIVE #1 graded at 9.8 with an

eBay price of $61.00...would anyone pay that and if so, why?

mm

I paid $60 for both Detective 1 and 2, and $60 for Batman 1. CGC 9.8's :blush:

I have read and do own them raw as well. (Also digital copies on the computer.)

It does sound silly to pay $60 for a 9.8, but the way I look at is was I wanted to have some examples in 9.8 for my collection and did not mind paying $60 for a 9.8 because of the convenience of not having to use my own time going through a bunch of submissions to get my own 9.8.

In this month's CBG the ad for CGC shows a DETECTIVE #1 graded at 9.8 with an

eBay price of $61.00...would anyone pay that and if so, why?

mm

I paid $60 for both Detective 1 and 2, and $60 for Batman 1. CGC 9.8's :blush:

I have read and do own them raw as well. (Also digital copies on the computer.)

It does sound silly to pay $60 for a 9.8, but the way I look at is was I wanted to have some examples in 9.8 for my collection and did not mind paying $60 for a 9.8 because of the convenience of not having to use my own time going through a bunch of submissions to get my own 9.8.

Agreed!

I'm thinking about pulling the trigger my self but I'm holding out for a signed 9.8 DC1.

I doubt it will last. Everybody who wants a copy will probably soon have one and the supply will outweigh the demand. The variants will probably be like the Turner Civil War variants (still commanding fair prices) but the regular issues will be too plentiful to command a premium.